Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    never2old            06-15-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
Just received a new 03 140cm absolute and outfitted it with 03 belmont boots. Last Friday night finished up a run right at dusk, came in and tied onto the houseboat and went ashore to have a fire. While at the campfire, someone climbed on my boat and took my new board out of the rack and split. I was at Navajo Reservoir in Northwest New Mexico, the lake boarders Colorado by Durango. If anyone hears something I'd sure appreciate a heads up.

Thanks for the time and help.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2003, 6:42 PM Reply   
Sounds like an epidemic going around in the Southwest area.
Good luck finding your board.
Thieves should be flogged
Old    tclagggym            06-15-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
That sucks!
But I was just thinking about this last night, because I'm going up to the delta in 2 weeks.
Someway of locking up the boards on the rack. Maybe a 1/4" hole in boards so you could run some kind of cable lock through it?
Lets hear your ideas?
Old    wakelvr            06-15-2003, 7:06 PM Reply   
Boardracks that lock would be nice.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2003, 7:08 PM Reply   
just replace that bungy cord with a cable and lock that.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
or you can run a cable through the fin holes.
(it will have to be small cable, but it could work)

(Message edited by kristian on June 15, 2003)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2003, 7:18 PM Reply   
forget my first two ideas, just use duct tape and you'll be fine.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-15-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
put it in the boat trunk and lock it.
Old    shikafly            06-15-2003, 9:17 PM Reply   
You got it right Tim. You leave a board out in plain view, and their is always gonna be some low life weasel that will try to steal it. Cables can be cut, and extra holes in the board will disrupt the ride.
Old    sickboy            06-16-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
I made a steel cable that is just long enough to go around my boards and tower while they are in the racks. A padlock finishes the job. It's not perfect, and I'm sure someone could get around them, but it would take a while. I figure it's a good deterrent.

mb
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-16-2003, 11:47 AM Reply   
how about rigging up the cables that are on the new Byerly bindings...

J/K

Best defense is not to leave it in view. But a very easy way would be to put a small cable lock through your binding and around the tower. And yeah they could always take the binding off etc... but it would be a "Thef deturrent"
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       06-16-2003, 12:26 PM Reply   
with theives, any deterrent usually will keep them away, even if it is just a mess of duct tape or whatever.

It's sad, but the bottom line is you have to assume if it is left out and not in your view, someone probably has their eves on it. Lock up or keep an eye on your stuff people!
Old    never2old            06-16-2003, 4:06 PM Reply   
I agreee with everything said, I screwed up but thought that since I was only 150 feet away, no one would mess with the boat. My mistake, ain't hind sight clear. I like the cable Ideas and am going to give it a try on the rest of the boards, with as many kids as I have there's quite an investment to protect.
Thanks for all of the input.
Old    kjmxer69            06-16-2003, 4:24 PM Reply   
Hey Shaun & Lloyd,
I met you guy's last weekend at Lake Pleasant,AZ.
Sorry to hear about your stuff. We have an event this weekend June 21st and we will be looking for your items and having everyone else looking also.
we can also post signs at the marina, to get them returned to you.
It was a great pleasure meeting you and watching you ride this past weekend. You guy's are all great people. We will do our best to find your gear.
Karen kjmxer69@planetsand.com