Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2013, 3:22 AM Reply   
We had a great week as a family and surfed at least every other day. Its been nice taking a break between events and just enjoying the lake and our boat. I think I did a good job of just pairing down a few images, but keep in mind we had like 9 people in the boat and everyone surfed.

Thomas has been practicing and wants to win the juniors class at the EWT tour and the NWWSA event. He has had a solid bottom turn for some time but has been working on his air, with help from his brother.

IMG_3777 by wake9, on Flickr

He is really starting to get out of the water on that Nano and having some fun.

IMG_3890 by wake9, on Flickr

RJ has gotten very comfortable on his new soulcraft and still hasn't changed up his fin setup, he likes it the way it is.

IMG_4121 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_4221 by wake9, on Flickr

We have been testing a lot of stuff and then having more regular riders on board so much so that RJ is getting almost as comfortable on his backside.

IMG_5014 by wake9, on Flickr

We have been growing our small Lake Oroville Wakesurf community into something pretty cool, I think. Wakesurfing is going to take over at least the north end of this lake. This is a local 14 year old girl that has been riding off and on with us and now at almost every tour stop. I am sure she will be riding pro next year. Her name is Allison Sos, but we call her Takoh Sos.

Going for the double grab, she broke her own TWP Bomb Pop and was borrowing Maddie and Jessies.

IMG_4543 by wake9, on Flickr

Takoh has a sick bottom turn compared to anyone. She has a very unique style and I would say its def her signature move. You will have to check her out in our latest video to see what I mean by her unique style, its almost a dance move.

IMG_4576 by wake9, on Flickr

Takoh rode in that one section of the lake at just the right time that just makes the pictures amazing.

IMG_4728 by wake9, on Flickr

This is her snap after bottom turn.

IMG_4739 by wake9, on Flickr

She really works that Bomb Pop well.

IMG_4758 by wake9, on Flickr

IMG_4819 by wake9, on Flickr

OK, so last, we have been playing around with this boom pole. Its a bit expensive but allows for super smooth pole shots, even at a distance. Here is a screen grab. This is not RJ recovering, this is just him going to his starting position before attempting something. He has almost landed his 360 riding backside, can't wait to see him finish that.

2013-07-08_01-57-19 by wake9, on Flickr

I hope everyone else had a great week. Post up some pics of your crew.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       07-09-2013, 6:57 PM Reply   
That's awesome! Your kids are real good. I'm glad to see a fellow paradisian here! If you ever see a purple black and white ski brendella on oroville wakesurfing or boarding come say hello sir
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
I will, and don't hesitate to flag us down.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-09-2013, 10:31 PM Reply   
Awesome pics. I enjoy reading and seeing the effort you put into your post's, as well as youtube and website. Keep it up!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2013, 11:19 PM Reply   
Just having fun, thx.