Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-20-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
Anyone know what happened to this? Apparently it was supposed to open this year. If they are out for sure I would like to possibly make a move and open something myself....
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-20-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
Do it Raf!! This is probably the 3rd or 4th attempt at a "wakeboard" cable park here in Phoenix in my lifetime. I really had my hopes up for 1440...They're not responding to anyones inquiries on FB and no one has seen any progress. Not a good sign.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-20-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
I had a business plan written up but put it on hold when I found out about these guys. I might look into it again...
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-23-2012, 6:01 PM Reply   
I'll talk to my resources and see what's the status or hold up of the cable park.
Old     (Greg2223)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-24-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
ive heard from a couple reputable sources out here in Phoenix that 1440 is a no go. One of the investors pulled out of it and another guy left the state and moved back to Florida. They had so long to hold the property on arizona ave but i think that time has already passed, not sure of the exact date. I really had my hopes up on this as well, especially since it would of been only a 3 minute drive for me!
Old     (gforce)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-10-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
So I just found this thread. It sounds like there are a couple of people around town like Raf that have business plans, etc. for cable parks. If there is anyone that has been working on this, i would be interested in meeting up and comparing notes. I've been trying to learn more about the cable market and figure out what we need to do to finally get a cable to actually get built in the valley.