Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                03-12-2005, 5:08 AM Reply   
Hey Ladies, I have about a size 6-7 foot, and I tried to get my foot in a small Minx, but I didnt have water or anything, but it was NOT going in! Does anyone have Minx, and what size did you get for your foot size?
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
the sizes seem to run small on the minxs. i wear about an 7.5 in womens and i couldnt get my feet into the smalls. I bought them mediums and they fit perfect. the box says 9-11 for mediums, but its more like 8-10.

btw, i have a brand new pair of medium 2005 minxs for sale...still in the box if anyones is interested...
Old                03-13-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
Hey Jennifer, I'm REALLY interested! how much are you selling them for? here is my email address, please email me the information!

missnursecanada@hotmail.com

Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-14-2005, 9:31 AM Reply   
I have a pair of smalls for sale, email in profile if interested.

Jennifer, did you sell those yet? How much do want for them?
Old     (jennifer)      Join Date: May 2002       03-14-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
still have them...$245 shipped would be nice...imkinda just taking offers
Old                03-18-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
hey evelyn, some of the minx were really hard to get into because the laces were too short, but the boot fit was really good. i could not get my size 9 into a medium to save my life, but when we changed the laces it slid right in. good luck! they're the most awesome boots!
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2005, 12:16 AM Reply   
Katie - I also have a size 9 and couldn't get my feet into the minx. Thanks for the tip about the laces! I've tried 2 sets of bindings...latest are LF exo's. The problem I'm having is that both sets have rubbed gashes in my calves. Has anyone else had this problem? Katie - do you think the minx would do the same? And, does anyone know if the 04 minx fit like the 05?
Old                05-31-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Last year I tried on a medium pair of Minx (I have a size 8 1/2 foot) and couldn't get them on either - but like Katie said - the laces were way too short. This year LF put longer laces on and I fit into a medium no problem. The laces are almost too long though - they are constantly getting in the way and wrapping around my legs! I love the bindings though - most comfortable bindings I have put my feet in (besides the LF Alphas!)
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hey Bonnie - I tried the minx and alphas on today. Both were comfy. Gotta say that I don't like the white/pink colors...for me anyway. Do you know if the 04 minx is the same as the 05 aside from color and laces? Thanks!
Old                06-01-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
Hi Sheri - the '05 Minx have a softer molded heal and toe piece and a padded inner layer which makes for more comfort, but there are no other changes from '04 (besides the longer laces).
I know what you mean about the colors - I wasn't a huge fan of the pink and white either, but they have grown on me
Old                06-01-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
hey sheri, one of the huge benefits of the minx's is that they are made specifically for women, one of the biggest features of this is that they don't come up as high on your calf, women's calves are much longer, so men's boots tend to hit wierd spots for some of us. like bonnie said the '05s have a much better heel and toe peice, which i really like, and they also seem a little stiffer to me, although my '04's are pretty worked!
Old     (melty_1)      Join Date: May 2005       06-01-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info! It looks like I'll get a chance to demo the minx and alpha next weekend. Hopefully one of them will work out! (wish they made fur-lined bindings. lol)
Old                06-01-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
i went through about 6 different bindings last season until i finally got into my alpha's!
i LOVE them!
out of those 2 you will most likely find one that you love.
good luck! :-)