Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-18-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
So last week I went to Sandal in Negril, Jamaica and had a blast. They had a MC PS190 and I got a couple pulls behind it. Good times for sure. The had a hurtin CWB board with some broken bindings. But hey, I made the best of it. Here are some pics
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-18-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
I'll be going to the Sandals Grande St. Lucian in July for my honey moon. Hopefully they'll have something like that to play around on.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-18-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
I was just at Breezes Negril 3 weeks ago and took a set behind Couples' Prostar 190 with tower. They had a beat CWB Sol that I rode. We walked down the beach by Sandals and saw their Prostar out there. It was choppy as **** the whole time but I've never had so much fun riding. You'd be 200 feet off shore, cut out wide and you can look down and see the bottom clear as day.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-18-2010, 12:48 PM Reply   
Was the Sol yellow. I think thats what they had. If i remember correctly it had some CWB mobe bindings? I may be wrong. But yeah big toeside turn and all you see is coral. Looks like its inches below you. Walk down the beach is interestign huh. haha. Made my trip all that more fun
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-18-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
And the chop wasnt too bad that day. the last day there was 2 foot white caps. happy i didnt wait till then. Teh wind can get crazy there
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-18-2010, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I'll be going to the Sandals Grande St. Lucian in July for my honey moon. Hopefully they'll have something like that to play around on.
Went there for mine too! You'll love it! We got the hook up though and stayed in one of the "Ultra Grande Luxe Beachfront Rondoval Suite with the plunge pool and hot tub". I HIGHLY recommend that if you can. The "beach" rondovals are awesome too, just not as close to the water. Don't know about the other rooms or anything but the one we stayed in was amazing! They had a prostar there too i think but i was a bit too "busy" to wakeboard, A buddy of mine stayed in a regular room i think but he upgraded to the "Butler" package which is a must no matter what room you stay in, IMO. Our guy was so cool, and did so much for us. Lobster dinner out by our pool was amazing! He's also run candle lit baths and if we had dinner somewhere, when we came back he'd have rose petals everywhere and candles out by the pool and in the room when we got back. It was awesome, they definitely make it that much better. Have fun on your trip and congrats! I'd suggest wakeboarding too just because the water where we were was much more calm than Jamaica! Especially in the morning/evening, and you can get them to give you pulls whenever you want.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-18-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I heard the resorts on St. Lucia will be getting Mastercrafts by the end of the year.

I was at the Almond Smugglers cove resort... (right by the Sandals)

They had a busted CWB board, knotted and broken Vapor bindings... if you tried to do anything your feet would pull out of the bindings...

did have fun though pulling some slalom turns behind the 17' Whaler....
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-19-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_x15 View Post
Was the Sol yellow. I think thats what they had. If i remember correctly it had some CWB mobe bindings? I may be wrong. But yeah big toeside turn and all you see is coral. Looks like its inches below you. Walk down the beach is interestign huh. haha. Made my trip all that more fun
It was a crazy combination - yellow and red with some blue graphics. Like I said though - I was down around the point at Couples.

And yeah, walking the beach is awesome. My wife and I have been to Negril 4 times - we can't get enough. We've stayed at White Sands, Breezes Grand Lido, The Rockhouse and Xtapa. They are all awesome. We were there 11 days in mid February at Breezes. Excellent trip. Can't wait to get back.

RESPECT
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-21-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
I've just come back from sandals montego bay. Sweet holiday but it was too choppy to shred behind the pro star (
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-25-2010, 4:48 AM Reply   
My wife and I went to Sandal's Negril Last September for our Honeymoon and it was AWESOME! I had done a TON of research before we went and found out they offered riding so we actually took our boards and stuff : ) When we got there, it was a Saltwater Edition Maristar with a Tower so I was pretty excited.. It wasn't Camsur (which was a huge decision not to go)...but we still had alot of fun!
Old     (snyderaaron)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-11-2010, 8:45 PM Reply   
do you guys know anything about wakeboarding at couples negril
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-12-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
This was at The Sandals Negril, which I think was the couples resort. I may be wrong
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
I didn't see any mastercrafts at Royal Carribean... guess thats what happens when you go to the cheap side of Jamaica... It was fun tho cause I wrecked a dune buggy in the mountains.... ripped the back wheel clean off... the trail leader was pissed! haha
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Pete, I stayed at the royal caribbean last month. The mc is at montego bay sandals like 3 mins away.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-12-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
... Damn>...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Pro Tip:

You can go to ANY of the resorts that appear to have a wake set up - talk to one of the guys working at the watersports counter and slide them a $10 or $20 and take a few sets. They don't discriminate based on where you are staying.

Just sayin
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-12-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
I found it difficult to get some sets behind the boat even staying at Beaches who have a boat. But hey the $20 may work. Just wait till someone else is going and jump in line. Thats what i did.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-12-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Yeah, you're not going to get long sets and you won't get a constant speed, etc - but taking sets in Jamaica is about the experience - not the riding conditions. For someone who's staying at a hotel without a boat - dropping $10 or $20 on the watersports guy will at least get you out and there and it's for SURE worth it.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-12-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Yeah you tell them to speed up the slow down. haha. They did drive straight which was a plus. Maybe 17 mph tops. And it was pretty flat. Oh yeah dont wait till the last day, If there any wind they throw up red flags send all the water sports guys home and shut down shop.