Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-02-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
Going to pick up some new bindings and am trying to decide between watsons or shanes (closed toe). I have ridden the watsons a few times and thought they were awesome. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
watsons are stiffer, shanes are flexier. which ever one you want!
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-02-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
If the shoe fits (Watsons since you already like em) then wear it.
Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-02-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Which one would compare closest to 06 murrays?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-02-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
I would suggest the New Watkins Bindings!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-02-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
you would suggest the watkins. haha
joke.

I loved those murray's too and really loved the shanes (07ct) -- I really like my D2's now too

Shane = D2 > Watson
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2008, 2:45 PM Reply   
Nice, the Obrien guys busting in on a thread that has nothing to do with Obrien.

I would go with the Watson's.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-02-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Bonifay's for right foot.... Watson's for your left foot.
You should demo them at your local shop. Aloha
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-02-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
Tried both on and the difference is minimal. I like the looks of the Watsons better.
Old     (old_timer)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-02-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
I'd like to try them on, but am looking for closeouts on last years. Don't really have any shops around here that can be counted on to have high end equipment, and if they do the sizes are limited. Thanks for the input, I'm leaning towards the Watsons, buy will see which I can get a better deal on.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-02-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
I don't think you could go wrong with either. I wore each pair for a full 2-3 sets. I settled on the Shane's but really just because they seemed to have more flex for pokes and such. Both are great and are like putting on a pair of slippers. It will be interesting to see what all of the new bindings are like by everyone.