Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    deiselgrover            08-29-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
Anybody have 03 Parks bindings on a LF board? I had to put extra washers on the claw set up because the LF bolt holes are shallower. See any problems with this?

Also how tight should you tighten the bolt down on the claw set up? Pretty much as tight as you can get with out totally torqueing (is that a word) on it?

I can't wait to try them out. I was using LF speed suctions which were nice to start, but I am starting to progress and felt I needed something higher end. Plus my Suctions blew out and I was tired of waiting on them to get back. (Only took 2 weeks but I was getting antsy). They blew out on the 3rd day of my week long dalehollow trip too, and NO BACKUPS!!!! So I broke down and bought the Parks, got the Suctions back the very next day, but at least I won't get caught with no bindings again!
Old    gina            08-29-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
rod, I had the same exact problem with my bindings/board, Hyperlite sent me bolts that were way too long, so I went to the hardware store with my bidings and board, and just found bolts that were the perfect size, then tightened them up as much as i could. Just keep trying the different bolts and you'll be able to tell which is the perfect size! I've ridden about 3 days like this, so I figure it works! Knock on wood!!
Old    gina            08-29-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
hey my board was a LF too, so maybe LF just makes shallow bolt holes???
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Everyone has that problem fitting HL bindings to LF boards. Its shallower holes.
Old    deiselgrover            08-29-2003, 1:37 PM Reply   
Yeah I went to the home depot last night and they didn't have the right bolts. The bolts are 1/4" course threads. But I couldn't find stainless bolts that had the tapered head to fit the washer that comes with the setup. Should of went to the Tractor Supply, they have the best selection. Thanks for the info.