Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
Okay, I need yalls opinion on my proposed layout for my permanent ballast installation. I have a '77 CC american skier, so ofcourse space is at a premium. I am tired of hoping over fat sacs and trying to wedge them inbetween the seats. I am proposing of building some enclosures/seats than will encase my sacs and allow me to permanently hook up the sacs to the pumps. I have attached some pics to illustrate what I a looking to do. Any opinions of suggestions would be appreciated.

I will build a box to cover the 500lb sac in the front and make it a pseudo bench for the driver and a couple of observers to sit on. I know it will sit up higher than the original seats, but it should be okay, plus it will make it easier for the driver to see over the bow. I will make some removable seat backs for the driver and for the observers so they can face forward or backwards.

I will probably leave in my somewhat ghetto rear platform to hide the rear sacs/extra vests. It might look like crap, but you could park a truck on top of it(2" solid wood door cut in half).

This seems like the best layout and will let me add 1000lbs of water easily, where as before I would have to sit a 250lb sac in front between the two seats and another one on top of the 500lb sac in the back.

After I get the basic layout nailed down I am going to strip the interior(carpet) and start framing up the benches, etc. I am going to remove the side shelf to get a little more room on either side of the engine. I am hoping to build some boxes to serve as seats on either side of the engine box for more seating.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers,
Brandon

The pics will follow as the max post size is 150K. Kinda makes it hard to upload multiple pics. I tried about dozen times before I realized that the entire post has to be less than 150k, not each individual image. I'm an idiot.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Okay...so I figured the post size problem is because I use Firefox instead of IE. I hate IE.

Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-27-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   

Here's a pic of my next gen wakeboarder. Hopefully when she is ready I wil have a pimped out Super Air to work with but until then, this little 17' CC will have to do....

Cheers,
B

P.S I take that back about the pic size, it is the individual size of pic that has to be less than 150K. The error should read... You must use Internet Explorer to upload pictures.
Old    sunsetterlxi            02-27-2005, 10:41 PM Reply   
What about getting hard tanks that you could build into the floor of the boat and then carpet them. You would not neessarily have to build enclosures on top of them and then plumbing them would be somewhat easier too.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-28-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   
I thought about hard tanks, but I have all these soft sacs that would go to waste...plus good size tanks are over $100 apiece.