Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-08-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
I need some advice...I have been riding the 05 CWB Zeus's and they have ripped at the footbed twice..The first time CWB replaced the part, no questions asked. At the time of replacement they stated that they have had a problem with the way they have been assembled. This past weekend they ripped again, opposite binding this time..Well this time I wasn't so lucky and injured my ankle and ripped the whole foot cover from the binding plate...Well I called CWB again and they said they would send me the replacement part again. I told them that I wasn't so sure if I want to ride the Zeus' again because I dont want to keep getting hurt. Why wouldn't they recall them if they know that there were defective...How many people are they going to let get hurt? Any Suggestions on what to do?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-08-2005, 9:28 PM Reply   
Ride a more reputable brand... It's not about the name, it's about a better product.

-Blake
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
are you saying that cwb isn't a reputable brand?

by the way, hyperlite has had a higher return ratio than any other company.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-08-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
I know a lot of people that are riding them and haven't had that problem.

I think CWB is a very reputable brand.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 9:37 PM Reply   
i think the problem is shops that don't carry cwb, brainwash their customers into thinking that cwb isn't a reputable brand. it's sad that shops take that route, just to sell what they carry.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-08-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
Paul, I've been riding CWB stuff for 3 years with only a couple of minor problems. I've ridden the same pair of Zeus for over two years with no problems. It sucks that this keeps happening to you. The 2006 stuff is going to be in stores very soon. I would take advantage of this bad situation and try to work yourself a pair of 2006 Zeus'. The new design is completely different. Try calling them back and working them for a pair. It sounds to me like you deserve it. If they won't do it, try to find out who your regional rep is. The regional reps like to make sure the local riders are happy.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-08-2005, 9:58 PM Reply   
CWB is a very reputable company and stands behind all of their products. I can't believe that you'd even place them in that category. I know that if you talk to your local dealer or contact someone at the factory, something will be done to make sure you're happy and still riding CWB.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-08-2005, 10:05 PM Reply   
Have ripped multiple overlays from 4 different brands, this is nothing special. Get your bindings repaired & ride on. If you let this bother you, you are in for some dissappointment no matter which brand you use.

CWB is very reputable. They have quality gear, and stand behind their products.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on August 08, 2005)
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-08-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
Ditto. I've broken every brand of bindings and ridden CWB boards for my last 4.

Talk to your local shop or rep, if that doesn't work , call the company. From my experience, they stand behind their products.
Old     (denwakebdr)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-08-2005, 10:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies so far. I am not saying that CWB is not a reputable company. They have been very nice so far, but their product keeps failing. If they know there are defects in them, then why are they still selling them. It seemed like the warranty person didn't really care that there product failed and I injured myself because of it, but just that they would send me a new piece to fix it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 11:07 PM Reply   
hyperlite's bindings ripped for 3-4 years...
Old     (derrick_lenz)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-08-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
get a good lawyer and sue em. it's clear negligence.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
oh god
Old    wake_101            08-08-2005, 11:54 PM Reply   
I'm with Joe. It's not that they ment for it to happen you think they want a 100,000 people sueing them for all they got because their bindings broke on em. Hell no. Just tell them you want your money back and you think you'd be happier with another brand go buy so LF Alpha's like I did and be happy as happy can get inside one human being..... LF Alphas = One happy Aaron. See....
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-08-2005, 11:57 PM Reply   
Hmmm, they ripped once, and then ripped again... Sounds to me like there might be a problem with the quality of these bindings? Sure they've offered to send new parts, to replace the ripped ones, but I'm just not interested in buying bindings that I have to frequently repair.

If I were Paul... I'd try a new brand of bindings, that should answer his original question.

By the way, Paul... My last 3 pair of bindings, have been hyperlite, none of which tore, or fell apart . To me, that's a more reputable brand?

-Blake
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-08-2005, 11:59 PM Reply   
all my hyperlites ripped. does that mean i think hyperlite's not reputable? no...it means bindings rip.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-09-2005, 12:14 AM Reply   
word joe. blake, ur getting lucky. my highbacks have ripped twice now too. cwb is not reputable? umm, ok?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-09-2005, 7:46 AM Reply   
Blake must be Paul's second cousin or something.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-09-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Paul,

There are a number of different reasons bindings rip. Some people simple put more stress on bindings than others do. I broke my first pair of Zues overlays recently when learning 3's. I landed pretty hard and ate it. The binding simply tore due to stress. I'm sure CWB didn't intentionally ship a product that they knew was defective nor would they keep a product in consumers hands that was known to be defective. Like I said before, contact your local shop or call the company directly.
Old     (justin_n)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2005, 8:37 AM Reply   
Paul,

I have sent you email to assist you in getting this problem taken care of here at the CWB factory. I can guarantee this has not been a common problem with our bindings. I hope we can get this taken care of.

Justin Nix
CWB Board Co.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-09-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
Everyone, please keep in mind that the other binding broke this time, not the replaced/repaired one.

Yes, I cannot think of a single binding manufacturer that is not dealing with this problem. I went through 8 overlays on my '02 belmonts, still they fit really well, and I really liked 'em. If maunfacturers stopped selling products after every single incident, we would be living in the stone age.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on August 09, 2005)