Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    bmanİ            04-30-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
one of the inserts in my buddies substance is stripped. Happened while he was riding somehow. The bolt just ripped righ out of the insert.

is this a warranty issue? the boards an '03 will they warranty that?

Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-30-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
Hrmm... Generally your warranty will only cover 1 year from purchase date, and on something like that, there may be no coverage. Call up the boardshop you purchased it from, or call Liquid Force directly and see what they tell you!

...Just don't expect good news. haha.
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-01-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
I don't know how well it would work, but your buddy could always try to fix it with a heli coil thread repair kit as a last option. You can get them at about any auto parts store.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-01-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
They should replace the board. I've had inserts rip out of 2 Hyperlite boards and they replaced both for free with the latest models. One of the boards was 5 years old.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-01-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
hyperlite's warranty is totally different than LF --
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-01-2006, 8:34 AM Reply   
I wouldn't call LF first, I'd definately go to your shop and talk to your dealer, if you're on good friendly terms with them. They can call the Rep for you and have more pull in getting it fixed than you would calling up the LF rep.

It IS 3 years old though...I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-01-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
I don't see how this couldn't be a warranty issue. It's one thing for your board to fade or something like that, but for inserts to rip out and your board be unrideable doesn't seem right. I'm not playing Hyperlite vs. LF but I've always been impressed with how Hyperlite has stepped up and taken care of these kind of defects.