Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
i was wondering how it compared to the slingshot boards and even the roam. how is he pop, edging, and flex?
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2009, 10:54 AM Reply   
anybody?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-05-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
I have, but I have never ridden a Slingshot and it does not have as much flex as the Roam.

I found that behind the boat is was pretty fast, popped decent and tracked well but landed like a ton of bricks.

On the cable it slides really well, has minimal flex, is really durable, but can be slick in the corners since you should probably ride it without the fins, just takes some getting used to. But again, off the kickers it lands like a ton of bricks.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-05-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
I felt if I landed on the tail it landed fine but if I landed flat it wasn't so great. I liked it on the sliders but it doesn't flex that much. The 09 is supposed to be more flexible so we'll see. Plus there are more size options which I like. I would like to get Shane's 138 instead of his 08 136. I will probably get one for the sliders when my slider boards is done. Hopefully that isn't too soon though. I like the really loose feeling at the cable but behind the boat I would definetely use the fins as I like more grab on the wake.
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2009, 9:51 PM Reply   
wow, i would have never guessed that about the hard landings. i thought flex boards were supposed to land pretty soft too.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       02-05-2009, 11:05 PM Reply   
For flex boards you need to land tail heavy to notice the soft landings. If you land really flat it is going to suck just like any other board. Traditional boards usually have some bottom features that break up the landing a bit but you should try to avoid the really flat landings on any board.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-15-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
Any new board (non flex that is) that has a large spine or concave (ie the LF Watson or any new LF board) makes landing in the flats awesome. Doesn't hurt at all.