Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-26-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Take a look at this video. This kid is 9 his name is Lane and he his killing it in Knoxville. I have watched him ride many times and he impresses me more and more. Take a look at it and let everyone know what you think.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ab_54x3V7_g
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-26-2009, 11:30 AM Reply   
Not be a dick but my lil' homie is 9 and has a tanny, bs 3, r2r, etc... he won Worlds and wake games this year. Big ups to your lil'shredder but he's got some work to do :-)

http://www.wakepics.com/video/22290/9-year-old-ben-watts...
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-26-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Yeah, I don't want you to take offence but there are 9/10 year olds at OWC that really tear it up. Julian Cohens little brother and his friend, Jason Soven etc,etc.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-26-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
ya ya and i got to hang out with philp sovens little brother that is pretty young and he was pretty crazy haha. i wish i started when i was younger instead of one year ago... buts its all cool one year ago i was 12 so yeah...
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-26-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Just trying to give a young kid props. I am sure there is plenty of kids out there that may be better but any kid that is young and doing any of this stuff is impressive and they will be the future of the sport so why dont we just compliment someone.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
For a nine year old he is doing awesome. Hitting rails and kickers takes some courage. Keep it up kid!!!!
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-26-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
Yeah Jason, props to him. But you did ask what everyone thought................

Really tough to make it to the top as a guy. Just sooo many good wakeboarders.Harley Clifford is only 15 years old
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-26-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
I did ask everyones thoughts, no matter what I just think its impressive for a kid that has only been riding two years.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-26-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
That kid rips, awesome!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-26-2009, 6:10 PM Reply   
the kid is good, but I think the reason people are not agreeing with you 100% is because you called him "the Future" in the topic title. Those kids are a dime a dozen these days. Hopefully he sticks with it and keeps progressing so we will be able to see more of him.
Old     (jsquared)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-27-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
I agree with Jason but that kid is also very good. Even though he says the future in the title it doesn't mean the future of the sport or the future in contests. It just says "the future" its very open ended. Also Chris you have to remember that Julian's little brother Yonel has riden the cable for probaboly four years. Not to mention almost everyday. And Jason has been riding sense he was very young. All the kids being named have been riding much longer than the kid in the video. Also to mention if this kid rode in a contest he wouldn't even been riding against Harley. He would be in Jr.Boys. Jason isn't even in this division. This kid is great for his age. I wish I was that good at 9. Sick riding bro.
Old     (jasonba1)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-27-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Thanks John I was just saying all the kids are the future of the sport. The more kids involved the longer wakeboarding will be around. Im like you I wish I was that good at 9. heck I didnt even start til I was 27.
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-27-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
John, You do pretty good for your age bro. Haha.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-28-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
luker is proud of his "lil homie" too. that's cool.

lane is good given his circumstances