Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-03-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
I have been looking at a few Enzos and both are in the same price range...

Enzo #1 has a few more bells and whistles, INCLUDING THE SWITCHBLADE, but is an 07 model.

Enzo #2 is not as loaded, does NOT have the Switchblade, but is an 08 model.

I would like to get either boat, and will be using it for 90% surfing, 10% chillin...

Both boats are about the same price. I'm looking for opinions MAINLY on the switcblade and if it makes a substantial difference in the surf wave.

Thanks
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-03-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Ive rode behind the 07 with a switchblade it was one of the best boats for wakesurfing the switchblade for that boat will make a huge diffirents if you get the 08 your going to want to put the switchblade on and it will end up being almost 5000 dollars
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-03-2008, 10:01 PM Reply   
How in the hell does the switch blade cost so much? Does that 5k include reinforcing the rear of the boat?
Old     (towboat_222)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-04-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
Save the money and put a enzo sack. The blade puts a second lip in the surf wave
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-04-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Enzo #1 with the Switchblade. Are these SV230s and SV240s?
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
well the switchblade goes for about 4 for the polished one less for the cheaper one about 5 to 1000 for install depending on who does it and thats not with reinenforcing the back,and for ken it makes a air lip to throw you in the air more ,if you dont like doing airs it probably not good for you
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
I started with the enzo sac I like the switchblade it makes the wave have more power,and the switchblades arnt cheap
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-04-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
I wonder what would happen if you installed a switchblade on a tige with the convex hull? It could be awesome!

Duffy
Old     (bluto)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-04-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
Once again. Please tell people the truth. An Enzo with the switchblade maybe great as long as you only ride one side. No one has shown us a good goofy wake with the switchblade except with "Right surf"then you only get a great goofy wake. As long as the buyer is good with that then they are forewarned.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-04-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   
Both are sv230's

And I only surf off the port side.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-05-2008, 7:13 AM Reply   
i would go with the switchblade
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-05-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
quido your right it will only make the side good that,the wave makes hey what kind of boat do you have,and what do you mean by once again please tell people the truth,I only give people feed back,Im the one out there testing all this stuff im not the engineer,and if you have a boat that makes a left I will bet you with the switchblade it will make a diffirents,the switchblade is completely even on both sides,that means it wouldnt effect the wave.if your out there testing stuff three days a week let me know what you come up with,
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-OpuWQy9hU

09' 24 Enzo 2 weeks ago 7 people in the boat bunch of weight, goofy wave seemed to work fine for this guy. no doubt the switch blade would improve this wave after seeing what Dj James has done with his wave. check it out
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-05-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
nice vid billy!
Old     (t_mann)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-05-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hi C.R. I am a Centurion dealer and we sell the switchblade on almost every Enzo we sell. Myself, all the guys that work for me, and pretty much everyone we have sold a blade to (between 200-300 so far) love it. It makes changing your boat from regular to goofy a piece of cake, you don't have to deal with all the extra ballast, you can adjust the wave while the rider is riding taller, steeper and shorter or longer, flatter and shorter, and as an additional bonus it makes the wakeboard wake totally adjustable as far as size and how steep it is. I would give you back my tower before I would give up my blade. With that said. You can make an awesome wave with just weight. In fact alot of the guys posting here are correct when they say the wave is cleaner without the blade. I just like the versatility of the blade. It took us a few trips to learn how to use the blade but we have it dialed in. Myself and Jeff from Inland surfer(he does not use a blade on his Enzo) set the boats up for worlds and based on what I saw it worked well. The guys riding there went off, the surfing was amazing. Here is a link to some video. The boat is a Enzo 240 with 5 of us in the boat, factory ballast, about 600 extra lbs of weight and the blade at 2. check it out.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-05-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hey Troy have you set up many of the SV230's with switchblades and do they react differently than the SV240's?
Thanks
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-05-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Waterdog,
That goofy wave looked perfect to me. That boat didn't have right surf did it?
Old    surfdad            11-05-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Troy, I think you inadvertantly left off the link to the video you reference in your post.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Greers Ferry Lake Marine & ATV,this boat does Not have the surf right system.
we put 240lbs on the starboard swim platform,fill factory starboard,750sac in the rear starboard locker,7 peeps all coolin on the starboard side,trim tab ALL the way down,15mph,20'long pocket
from what i know about the trim tab on a enzo,a blade should make this wave stand up another foot to make the steepest wave for airs ever
ive never riden a blade before so i cant say for sure,but from what ive seen,i think i want one for my new wakecraft

tks smeds..
(Message edited by h20k9 on November 05, 2008)

(Message edited by h20k9 on November 05, 2008)
Old     (t_mann)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hi Packrat I have an Enzo 230 as my personal boat. The 230 Enzo is actually easier to make a wave with than the 240. The 230 and 240 have the exact same hull shape(the 240 was made from a 230), the 240 is just 1 ft longer so it takes more weight to displace the same amount of water. I set my 230 up with 5 factory ballast tanks, I fill all of the rear tanks and move people to the side of the boat we are surfing and put the blade for me at 5 (max setting). I fill the bow ballast only if I have 5 or more people in the boat. If there are only 3 of us we use 4 fat bricks that we can move from side to side on the seats. I weigh 220lbs and I surf on a Carbon Drew XL there is plenty of push for me even on a small skim style board.

Jeff I did miss the link sorry. Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTNN-vpGms4 and http://videos.wakeboardingmag.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=1189&title=Drew_Danielo_s_W akesurf_Worlds_WInning_Run
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-06-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
check out the video on mob group.tv under dj int and dj surf its the wave with the switchblade
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-07-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
"Once again" what happend to guido (bluto)

(Message edited by krbaugh on November 07, 2008)
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-07-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
You guys saw my wave with the trim tab it was good to, the only differents is the wave is thicker and has more power both ways work good if you weigh it down right
Old     (bluto)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-07-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Still waiting Kevin. Troy posted a video of the worlds regular side not much help for the people wanting to ride goofy. Says that the switch from regular to goofy "is a piece of cake" without any proof or weighting guidance except to say that at the worlds they ran with stock ballast and about 600 in extra weight. I am pretty sure they had an Enzo sack in that boat is that factory ballast? Still no real help for those of us that want to ride both sides of our Enzo's. Waterdog's video was better but still not very clean at the beginning of the wake looks washed out and who wants to have a sack on the swim deck anyway.
Old     (h20k9)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-08-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
guido pop products on the platform takes up 1.5square feet total.
im assuming you know why water filled sacs on the sunken platform wont werk.
in the vid the spray is coming off the the platform only.
the wave is 15mph contest quality.
bash all ya want about the no separation haha but the enzo works.
keep trying bro,youll figure out how to make a wave like the one in the vid soon enough
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-09-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
Troy you say that you fill all the rear tanks and have everyone move to the side you are surfing on.

Does that mean you fill both the two mid ship hard tanks and the two rear hard tanks?
Thanks for the info.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-10-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
Guido: not the Enzo but here a link of Avalanches set up goofy and the black boat at the bottom is my boat with the blade engaged (no surf rights). http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/657003.html?1231551429

The top Avy has more weight than mine did in the corner, but both of us had large smooth waves. If you look I think the blade makes it a bit steeper. That said, the wake was washy and crappy on my boat that day until the blade was engaged for those riders in the pics. You don't have to have your ballast set up perfect if you have the blade.

The blade is just nice to have. If the boats are the same price I'd take the year old boat with blade. You don't have to have your ballast perfect if you have the blade. I went a month without my blade and I really missed it, more for boarding though. Much less bow rise with blade which is nice.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-12-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
I have a crazy idea for enzo's. What if you got a manual switchblade and then had two lenco pistons installed on each side of the stock turnbuckle wakeplate. The manual switchblade looks like it has room on each side for pistons, and you can get any length piston you want. This way you could clean the goofy wake with the plate, and help shape and size the surf with the blade. Now I just want someone to try this on a 23 foot enzo and let me know before I buy:-) I wonder if the stock wakeplate is the same basic demensions of the bennett tab?
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-12-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Joe B, did you surf with your boat when you didn't have your switchblade on?

Obviously you would have had the stock fixed wakeplate on there.
Wondered how much more weight you had to use to get a similar switchblade wakesurf wave.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-12-2009, 6:15 PM Reply   
You'll have to wait until spring to see what I'm doing and if it works. No one has done what I have in mind. What I have in mind would still be complementary with a SB, I just don't have the $ for one.

Joe's boat came with the standard SB set up.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-13-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
packrat, I'm up here in your neck of the woods!! We actually went to Gig Harbor today and looked around.. wish the weather were warmer, and some sun were visible!!!

It looks like I'm about to pull the trigger on the 230 with the switchblade... I'll shoot you an email and take some pics for you... I'm sure I'll be playing with a lot of different setups...