Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I sometimes think twice about charging a knee high wake balls out then I saw this....

this girl is going to be great -- and she is ballsy

Upload
Old    walt            09-19-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
I'm sure she will be great but that wake looks small to me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
its all relative..... could you imgaine a full cut into a mid-section sized wake!
Old    walt            09-19-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
Point taken.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-20-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
I have not really had an opportunity... sorta did at brostock, but the water was just too choppy nearly everywhere (Thanx again Dave for the pulls)

BUT my friends and i did want to see how far out i could ride and still jump the wakes (toe and heel) on a 18 ft ancient Boston Whaler, lake powell rental boat, with no ballast but 2 people in the boat, and a short ski pole. I rode at 75 ft. i think it was. I have never charged a wake that fast period, especially toeside. I also threw a backroll in for the heck of it and landed it, much to my and everyones surprise. Throwing any kind of trick at full speed like that is intimidating... to me, no matter the wake size.

sorry for the slight slight tangent of topic... it was the only way i could relate

anyone want to come down to powell before it gets cold to give me an opportunity to try this??? ... Maybe i'll get another chance to get one of them "10-12 ft. airs" on my slingshot again, and we can add more witnesses to the short list. (half joking half serious) but please go easy on me if i only get 6-8... don't crucify me on WW

(Message edited by wakerider111 on September 20, 2008)