Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
So I have bought a bunch from Whiskeymilitia and steepandcheap.com and have never had a problem. I bought some oakley twitch shades like a week ago and got them in the mail and realized they are fake. I called them and they are giving me a refund but just beware when you are buying. I would have noticed but you have to be fast on these sites.
Upload

(Message edited by dkmode34 on October 02, 2007)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
how did you realize they were fakes?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
same question. Plus, other than taking them back, did they have any explanation or reason? I mean, my daily addiction can't be fake! Is it?
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2007, 11:46 AM Reply   
Yeah, really!!! I buy too much stuff from this place... Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I was at our local shop and i was looking at other twitch shades. On the inside of the arm it should say twitch. Plus they told me that it should have an O on the side instead of oakley
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-02-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
So what did they say? "Yeah, we know, caught us"? or what?
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Well the O on the outside might be false because on buywake they have some that say oakley on the side. Does anyone have these that dont say twitch on the inside?
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
He was really cool about it and said he would do whatever i wanted because they were a legit company. He said he would take care of me first and look at them when they were shipped back. Maybee our shop was wrong bc they told me that all twitch should have the O on the side.
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Maybe oakley changed their molds? Maybe they subcontract work to a different plastic molding company? SAC and WM seem to deal enough volume to deal with large distributors or factories directly. I cant imagine much room for knock-offs to wiggle their way in. Maybe someone returned some fake ones and you got those?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-02-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
Here is a pic from Oakley's site, looks to me like the Twitch have the o on the side not Oakley.

http://oakley.com/pd/3615/15936
Old    krazykarl21            10-02-2007, 12:49 PM Reply   
I bought a pair of the eye patch from the oakley site last winter and they have oakley on the side and now all of the eye patch have the o so they probably changed things up
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
as far as I know Oakley didn't start to put the model name on the inside of the arm until this year maybe they just sent you last years model. It is good to hear that they are taking care of you though.
Old     (nikj)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
Those are the old style that came from the stretch line
Yes they are oakleys
The stretch line used to be limited distribution skate/snow shops and Oakley changed all of the styles over to square O branding
Now the do the bloc program that is using the square O branding with limited edition graphic treatments to the O's and some frames
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-02-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
The shades on there are all old models, not current models, that is why they are cheap.
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-02-2007, 2:50 PM Reply   
ok well that sounds good then. Maybee i will go to a different dealer and get a 2nd opinion before I send them back.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-02-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
the way to tell if they're fake or not is if the say "made in the USA" on the inside of the frames by the hinges...cuz, like we all know, knock off's come from places in asia.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-02-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
"I bought a pair of the eye patch from the oakley site last winter and they have oakley on the side and now all of the eye patch have the o so they probably changed things up "

Yep...I have an early pair of the Eye Patches with just the O.