Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old    thickens            08-01-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
I had installed 6 tower speakers (liquid audio) and Kicker amp (350x4). After several weeks of perfect performance it began to pop and then pick up all kinds of static and engine noise. Question is did I blow the amp or what?
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
Its possible the amp blew but I would start with your connections 1st. Ground & power connections and escpecially rca connections can cause pops and noise.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-01-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
I secon KG's advice, something probably just worked it's way a little loose. My guess is the RCA's are your problem.
Old    thickens            08-01-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
Thanks guys I will try that this afternoon and recheck all the connections.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
What head unit are you running?
Old    thickens            08-01-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Kenwood - its the stock unit that came with the 21V
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-01-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
My Kenwood stocker HU lasted about 6 weeks before taking a dump. The RCA pre outs got loose and I'm fairly sure that the entire board became loose/shorted which in turn caused it to pick up all sorts of static, altenator whine, blower whine, wake plate noise etc. I wound up with another Kenwood as my wired remote, satellite radio and iPod box were all Kenwood, but probably won't purchase the brand again when the time comes.

Get a 3.5mm to RCA wire and plug your iPod/mp3 player directly into the amp and see if it still does it. Very simple test to see if it is the HU.