Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    doug4powpow            08-03-2004, 8:14 AM Reply   
Finally starting to get some good air with a Hyperlyte Temet 143. I hear about the huge pop you can get w/ a Parks or some other models. My question is will the right board make a big difference in getting BIG AIR?
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-03-2004, 8:29 AM Reply   
to be honest, if u look at shawn murrays riding, he gets huge air. compare him with someone like parks, and its not the board thats giving them all that hieght.

the temet is a good board, and because its continuous rocker will allow u to board on a longer line and so get bigger pop.

but i think people will agree, if u've got a decent board, its all down to your technique whether u get 'big air'
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 8:33 AM Reply   
Some boards can assist you in getting a little higher if your technique is dialed. If you ride a wake that is less steep a 3-stage might be good for you.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 8:41 AM Reply   
Very true. Here's Shaun Murray on the Temet.

http://www.dpcfilms.com/wake/videos/ShaunMurray.asp

"because its continuous rocker will allow u to board on a longer line and so get bigger pop"

Line length is more about skill level than the board you ride. Rocker type shouldn't effect your line length.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2004, 9:43 AM Reply   
J-rod I thought it was the other way around.... a steep wake is complimented by a 3-stage bc you generate lift by a slower smaller approach with emphasis on going up as opposed to a continuous that you create pop by edging through a more mellow wake for a more into the flats feeling as oppesd to wake to wake w/ a 3 stage?! I could be wrong but that is what I thought I learned in wbm's gear guide 04 explained by kyle schmidt.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-03-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
You really ride the razor's edge with a steep wake and abrupt 3-stage rocker. If you are not ultra consistant, you will have your work cut out for you.

I would prefer a mellow board and a really steep wake(SANTE). But I'm no Vandal either.

Line length is dictated by rider ability and the boat's wake.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Ringo, I believe your dispute is settled!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
shaun murray is the 'king of pop'!
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
kinda but not completely
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-03-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
mango- you forgot the most important line

shaun murray is the king of pop
there is none higher
sucka wb's should call him sire
he wont stop poppin till he retires
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-05-2004, 8:20 AM Reply   
I have a temet 138 and it works awesome behind my friends san, just right pop. I have a vlx with a rampier wake and the pop is not as vertical. Raleys behind my vlx are sooooo smooth and easy. I think if my rope was longer and I hit a steeper part of the wake it would be better, but all in all the temet is the best board I have ever ridden, smooth at everything, I have improved my riding so much with it.