Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    xtremrider            03-28-2003, 9:51 AM Reply   
Well hopefull the ballast is working correctly now, the pumps stoped working so i got new ones through worranty. I am picking it up next Friday and riding till tuesday. Does anyone know ways to weigh dowj a supreme possibly larger bags in the rear locker. Its got 550 lbs of ballast, and i have 9 people going up and staying with me so this weekend will not be a problem for weight but when its just 2 or 3 people i would like to have a litle more, any ideas?
Old    mmascari            03-28-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
Xtremerider, we have an 03 V Pro Sky and do the following:
Rear: A Skylon FatBuddy on each side of the engine on top of the stock ballast tank. (280lbs each). Unfortunately, there is not enough room to fit a 600lb sac on each side of the engine.

Front: 1 Masterline 600lb bag in the bow walkway.

This is a total of 1110lbs in the back and 600lbs up front.

This is what we usually run, makes a nice clean big wake and the boat drives the same.

We experimented one day and added an additional 600lb sac on the floor in the back. It took longer to plane but the wake was awesome.
Old    xtremrider            03-28-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
the 1100lbs in rear and 600 in front sounds great, i am still just doing small stuff dont need a pro size wake. Just enough to do some good lookin 360s, grabs and occasional begginer invert.
Old     (sae4life)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-28-2003, 10:38 AM Reply   
Any probs putting the sacs on top of the rear ballast? i was looking at mine the other day and I was a little concerned about the weight on top of floor in the locker. Looks kinda chessy put hey if it holds sweet. Did you have to relocate the battery Mark or did the sac fit with it there?
Old    mmascari            03-28-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Enjoy the boat. Will this be your first time out with the new boat? If so, I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Old    mmascari            03-28-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
Rob, I had two 600lb sacs and they wouldn't fit, so I went out and bought the Skylon Fatbuddies which fit perfectly without moving the batteries. I don't think the 280lb Fatbuddies could damage the plastic tanks, at least I haven't had a problem yet.
Old    xtremrider            03-28-2003, 2:01 PM Reply   
First time boarding in the boat i got about 7 hours of break in just driving it. i am amped to cruise on a board behind it.