Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-11-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
a couple of weekends ago i stomped my first backroll, the following weekend i landed 7 in a row. since then they've kinda weakend and i'm landing 1 in 2or3.

I wanna get my roll consistent but also hope to get another invert landed by october (before it gets too cold),

when's a good time to start a new invert, i don't want to loose the one i have so would it be better to wait until it was ultra consistent???
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-11-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
Learn some spins.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
Once you land your roll a couple of times, move on. Landing your roll first will give you the confidence you need to try something new. I usually won't do the same trick more than a couple of times in each set. Once I land one of each trick, it's straight to the new stuff I'm working on. When you're riding good, take advantage of it.

Don't worry about your backroll. Consistency comes and goes. I recently learned this myself. Try some 3s, or go for the TS backroll.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-11-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
yeah, learn something toe side. Try to keep it balanced out. Learn one new heelside trick, then learn one new toe side trick.
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-12-2004, 1:51 AM Reply   
i was definately thinking somethin ts, either the backroll or frontroll. my 3's are something i'm gonna slowly progress with as i had them last year, so i'm just gonna stick them in when i'm feeling like taking that bash!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-12-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
I push for a new trick everytime I ride. We have a two jump rule, you do two things you know how to do & then you try something new. That's a little extreme but as the saying goes, "If you're not falling, your not learning".
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-12-2004, 10:48 AM Reply   
Hmmmm.....where have I heard that before?

BTW: Hows the toe Stephen?