Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (swatkinz)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-11-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys, my daughters (3 and 1) are always on my boat with me and my wife. Do ya'll have suggestions as to the most comfortable vests for them. They will be wearing for 6-8 hours at a time.
Old     (sdl39)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-11-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Not many vest options out there for kids. We just get standard neoprene for our kids; it's more comfortable than nylon. Easy to find at Bart's, Overton's, etc.
Old     (mcook77)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-11-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
I would look at the Hyperlite Kids series. Mine are 5 & 8 and they have no problems. When they were 1-3, they were in a Body Glove vest. You can find some good deals here (less than $40): http://www.buywake.com/catalog/gromdept/WakeVests
Old     (fast355)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
I picked our neo kids vests up at Costco.

You can check online at www.costco.com

Also, I might try ebay if time was not a factor.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-11-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
I picked up the neoprene 30-50lbs from sam's club. Then one day had the park nazis did a boat inspection and informed me that my kids vests were way to loose on them 8,6,4 I had them cinched up all the way!! So I used a nylon vest on my youngest and it seemed tighter. Ive never seen smaller than those. wife just had #4 last week what about infants? anybody else for ideas?
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-12-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
Stop having babies....

Just joking, I have several myself but older and we just use the neoprene vests from Wal-mart.

Kelly
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-12-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
Steve -

Hands down the most comfortable vests for kids are the SuperSoft closed cell vests. They come in a bunch of colors, truly are very soft and we've had our kids (we have 4) in them their whole lives and they actually love wearing them. They always ask to wear them and before they learned how to swim always swam in them too. The best thing about them is they absorb NO water so they're always dry and kids aren't sitting in a wet vest. IMHO they are the only good option. Here's a link to where we buy ours...http://childrens-toy-box.com/cgi-bin/search.exe?BP=1&RCAT=001.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-12-2008, 6:16 PM Reply   

it's official,,,were done!
Old     (weskel)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-13-2008, 5:24 AM Reply   
I love my kids more than anything in this world, but it sure was good to get "fixed"!
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-13-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Steve -

Check out these. http://www.salusmarine.com/bijoux.html ,I am picking up two in the near future. One for my 1 1/2 year old daughter and one for the new baby. Watch the video on their site.

Hello Brandon,
Thank you for contacting us about the Bijoux Baby vest! The vest can be ordered online in the US from www.firsttreks.com (a store in Vermont). There are a number of stores in Canada that also ship to the USA, so please let me know if you would like their names as well.
The Bijoux is not currently USCGA, nor is it approved in Canada under our approval body Transport Canada. Having said that, it has won the Canadian Safe Boating Council Award for the best new safety product of 2006, and has been endorsed by Transport Canada (who cannot otherwise approve it since there is no standard in Canada for the Bijoux's weight range).
I hope that makes sense, but please let me know if you have further questions.
Thank you again Brandon!
Kind regards,
Karen

Salus Marine Wear
283 Duke Street West
Kitchener Ontario N2H 3X7
519-579-3131, ext 1
toll free: 1-877-418-9998
fax: 519-749-0041