Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-13-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
both at 50k

Been a MC fan all my life, love the surf wake behind the X30, never surfed an Enzo..... am I crazy to even consider leaving MC??

Ready - GO:
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-13-2013, 7:05 AM Reply   
I have NOT been behind an x30. My dealer recently had a 2012 x30 for sale (he sells centurion). I asked him, "Why on earth is someone selling that one year old Mastercraft?" The guy who owns the Mastercraft went out on an Enzo 244 to surf, and said he had seen enough. He ordered either a 233 or 244.

The Enzo line is going to hold value as well as any other boat out there. So your resale is good. It has built a great cache with wakesurfing, and let's face it, wakesurfing is the big push right now. The trim on the Enzo isn't going to be quite as nice as the Mastercraft, but it is still quite nice. And I suspect the Enzo is going to be a MUCH better ride in rough water. I couldn't believe the difference in ride coming from a traditional V hull Supra to a super deep V enzo. It is a big change.

Personally, I'd spend the extra 10k and get this outstanding deal on a 2013 230+
http://onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=38817

or this 2010 230+ for 53k
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...V230-101843708

'If' you are financing, the rate difference between a new and used will likely make the 10k seem like nothing. If you're paying cash, then I understand a hard limit

The 230+ is about a 10k stepdown from a 233, which is about 10k step down from a 244.

Centurion makes plenty of value boats that may remove some of the snob appeal to those that are brand obsessed. The Enzo, however, competes with practically anything offered. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be throwing down a gorgeous wave, watching people in supposedly nicer boats throwing down a sucky wave.

Last edited by CarZin; 09-13-2013 at 7:14 AM.
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       09-13-2013, 8:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply... I'm definitely in the market, appreciate the advice.... and I'm serious about buying... and have had a great summer trying the below:

2013 Malibu w/Surf Gate / huge wave, lack of push
2008 Mastercraft X-45 - fealt like I was driving a big Pontoon boat
2006 Mastercraft X-30 / weighted perfectly, owner is a sponsored Mendonesia rider = best I've ridden
2013 Epic w/surf gate = yes - Nicolas from Wakeworld
2014 Axis - w/Surf Gate = fealt like I was driving my Honda Element with hose out interior = no push = no weight
2014 Moomba Mondo = for the price, decent - but again at 20.5' it really lacked the push I was hoping for.

So plenty, but obviously need to ad an Enzo to my list of demo's.....

Tim
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-13-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
Well, I would say to add the RZ3 as well as an Enzo to your list.
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-13-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
some reality, its doubtful a Tige Z3 will go for $50K if thats the hard limit