Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 21, 2005

Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
What does everybody use or not use to cover your speakers on your tower while driving. I am getting tired of scraping bugs off and was curious to know what is out there or do most of you have something custom made or use nothing at all.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
Old    josh_tn            07-01-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
http://www.screaminsacs.com
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-01-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Do you have these or know anybody that does? If so how do they hold up with all of the air going over them while towing, any tears, broken zippers?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-01-2005, 1:38 PM Reply   
Waxing them before towing really helps get the bugs off.
Old     (mcfly)      Join Date: Jan 2002       07-01-2005, 1:50 PM Reply   
I use Saran Wrap!

McFly
Old    sparky68            07-03-2005, 5:19 PM Reply   
I've had the screamin sacs now for awhile, probalbly one or two thousand miles on them. Not one problem. They have a draw string that keeps them in place.
Old    foamy            07-03-2005, 9:19 PM Reply   
use saran wrap it cheap and replaceable
Old     (screaminsacs)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-05-2005, 11:37 AM Reply   
Thanks SPARKY for the plug! if you have a photo I'd like to post on our website, I could use some more customer photos

sure saran wrap is cheap, but what a hassle to wrap and unwrap every time. Our speaker covers are priced very affordable, they hold up to last, plus you have a selection of color choices.

-the folks @ ScreaminSacs
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-05-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
I ordered a custom cover for my box of six speakers from Screamin Sacs just before the season started. I always us it to travel with. Keeps the speaker covers from blowing off too. Love the cover!! Nice fit! I've put somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 miles with the sac on the tower. They really are a great sac. You won't be disappointed. And they're priced right. Mine was a custom cover and it fits like a glove.

Kudos to the people at ScreaminSacs!!!
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2005, 3:22 PM Reply   
Also try www.speakersox.com. Here's what they made me for my Evids. I'm real happy with the fit considering there's not a square corner on these speakers. After a road trip you pop them in the washer and they come out like new.