Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2009, 10:27 PM Reply   
Just out of curiosity, when wakeboarding, what exactly do you all mean by "Mexican Roll" and why?...

Simple question, simple answer right?

Thanks all in advance.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-28-2009, 10:39 PM Reply   
A Mexican roll is named after Mexican rider Andrea Gaytan. She would perform a HS backroll by throwing her body more forward than in a typical backroll where the motion is more like a cartwheel.
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-28-2009, 10:46 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha....was wondering the same thing. Sup Joseph? How was San Antone? Thought I caught a glimpse of your boat out there but you were too far ahead for me to catch up. Didn't do much riding, expected, but got to party with some cool peeps out there...hope all went well for you and yours. Po po was deep all weekend which kept the drama to a minimum. Can't thank those guys enough.

We should hook up some time and ride.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
Tony V! I missed you too my friend, I did not get any riding time until Monday morning (it was decent). We got there Thursday eave. and left Monday eave. but the water was rough pretty much all weekend... GOOD TIMES though.
We camped at the South Shore, by Saturday we had a lot of people, too much for two boats, we were anticipating three boats, but our third flaked, so we managed. Like I said, good times...

I will be at Lake Elsinore this weekend, however next weekend we will go to San Antone on Saturday, we should link up, we usually get there by 7-8am no later than, then we spend the rest of the day hydrating (If you know what I mean).
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-28-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
Uggghhh, I work on weekends. Next camping trip is in July for me. I ride mostly during the week with some fellow WW-lders. You ever get time off during the week and want to go and ride, hit me up. BTW, from the pics posted on the Naci thread, looks like the real party was at Naci, although I don't think that shiz would fly with my wife...lol...lol..

Tony
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2009, 11:43 PM Reply   
Hey Tony V!

I hear you, weekdays are the key in san antone.
Correction, we will be there on Friday, my two kids will be out of school before then and my wife's brother and his girlfriend will be going with us then.

So I hope to see you then, if not when you do, don't hesitate to stop by, we would be more than happy to meet you and yours.

We usually meet other friends of ours from Soledad and Salinas when we go out.

See you then.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
A regular backroll the board drifts up and back and the rotation is initiated by the board drifting and looking over your shoulder... with a mexican you kinda tuck your knees and initiate the rotation with your head going forward.

Check out youtube.
Old     (spin2win)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-29-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF RACISTS..
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-29-2009, 7:26 AM Reply   
i got my mom to tell my friend that he did a "good Mexican Backroll!"
i told her later that she was making fun of him
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-29-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
Mexican Roll, in a nutshell, is basically a heelside front roll.
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-29-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
A Bean and Cheese Burrito.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       05-29-2009, 2:46 PM Reply   
So then a toeside backroll is really a toeside tantrum? Or would a heelside backroll be a heelside toeside backroll?

I know a few guys who call toeside backrolls, toeside tantrums. But these guys also ride with no vests, get baked before riding, and possible steal from the local marina. One of them runs a wake school at a lake I frequent, I HATE the fact that he is the main representative of the sport there.
Old     (martinez30)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-29-2009, 8:45 PM Reply   
Ohhh now I get it...

And all this time I thought it was the Mexican version of the egg roll...

Only kidding fellas, thanks for your input. I never knew that a Mexican native is or was a pro wakeboarder...

nice to know, sweet!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-29-2009, 10:22 PM Reply   
I like the Mexican backroll, we have a guy on our boat that throws them and it is a nice deviation from the backroll.
Old    brycejay            05-30-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
heelside toeside backroll? Now that's one trick I would love to see!