Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-16-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
I just read this article and had to post it up. I know, it's fairly stupid. But in my crew Rock, Paper, Scissors decides who is going to ride first just about every time we hit the lake. After reading the article I cannot beleive that some one actually took the time to study the science behind the choices.

I always use the tatic right away of telling who ever I am playing, what I am about to do. For example, I would say "alright it's 2 out of 3 and I am going to go paper everytime." Usually always ends up with me winning! Tricky, dirty, but I get the first set!

Sorry for the dumb post it made me laugh and Rock, Paper, Scissors is big business if it means you get to ride first!

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...215511514.html
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-16-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
Who was it on Pull or First hand that did their version of Rock, Paper, Scissors, on the sundeck and called it Bear, Hunter, Ninja. That's how first set is determined on my boat.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-16-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
i never go first. I always make sure the wake is dialed first in whatever boat im in. Then i ride. usually 2nd or 3rd.
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-16-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
Your boat, you ride first. Keep it simple
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-16-2011, 4:34 PM Reply   
I make my decisions based on when I think the water conditions are at their best.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
exactly, if the water conditions suck I'll usually forfeit my boat owners right to go first...
Old    readyaimfire            08-16-2011, 4:51 PM Reply   
I usually don't like to ride first. I like to get fired up watching one of my boys ride first.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-16-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
If the water is butter or nearly butter then my girl goes first. She's still learning basics so I want her to have the best conditions.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-16-2011, 5:26 PM Reply   
I keep it democratic so it's Rock, Paper, Scissors, everytime. I am all about the first set, you never know when the weather might change on you. I have been out plenty of times that the water starts out buttery and ends up blown out a few sets later.
Old    BenjTrogdon            08-16-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
I love riding first... When I get in the boat, im ready to go. I hate sitting around forever before i ride
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-16-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
I'm almost always on my own boat, so there's no democracy going on. If it's butter I ride first, if it's blown out I defer and let the crew decide who goes first. Pretty much goes based on seniority. If conditions are great I go first followed down the line by whoever has been on my crew the longest, if bad conditions the newest to the crew goes first up to most senior and we hunt for better water if the new guy bites it too much. Not a rule but just seems to be how it works out. When I'm a guest on someone else's boat I go whenever they tell me to, which seems to follow a similar order based on conditions.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-16-2011, 9:32 PM Reply   
As said above, depends on the boat. Behind a friend's boat, I'll often ride first because nobody else wants to. Behind my own, I usually ride first because I'm always driving and everyone else gets to be social. I'm fortunate that at least some part of my lake is butter 99 days out of 100 so conditions usually arent an issue.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-17-2011, 5:51 AM Reply   
+1 for Bear, Hunter, Ninja! We've been rocking that for a while now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRe3rt3_85Y
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-17-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
I was watching CNN this morning that stupid article made national news! ahahahahahahah
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-17-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
I see Bear and Ninja in the commercial, what is the sign for Hunter?

Just to confirm

Bear mauls Ninja
Ninja kills Hunter
Hunter kills Bear

And Boat Owner has the opportunity to kick the Bear, Hunter and Ninja off the boat if they have a problem with said owner getting the glass at any time?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-17-2011, 1:09 PM Reply   
a more enjoyable version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm73N...eature=related
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2011, 1:15 PM Reply   
I'll throw dynamite and most people will say what? Blows up rock, fuse burns paper, scissors cuts fuse.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-17-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
every time i win on ninja, someone gets kicked in... regardless.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-17-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybool View Post
I see Bear and Ninja in the commercial, what is the sign for Hunter?

Just to confirm

Bear mauls Ninja
Ninja kills Hunter
Hunter kills Bear

And Boat Owner has the opportunity to kick the Bear, Hunter and Ninja off the boat if they have a problem with said owner getting the glass at any time?
There are no set signs.... just go with what comes to mind for hunter.... normally holding a rifle.

And yes normally someone ends up getting kicked, mauled, or shot into the water, thats where the fun comes into it.