Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-13-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
I am think that I am going to go "all in" and put a deposit on a factory order 40th Anniversary X-star.

I haven't found any real good information on the net or even Mastercrafts' website in regards to the standard additional features you get when choosing the 40th anniversary.

For the additional funds over a standard X-star from the best of my understanding you are getting the following from the factory considered as a standard item that would normally be an option.

- 40th Anniversary Mooring cover
- Black Annonized tower speakers (pair) no lights
- 40th Anniversary interior accents included 40th anniversary snap carpets, metalic red interior accents and 40th logo's embrodery on seats.
- 40th Anniversary graphics and gelcoat colours (black hull, Ruby Red flake)
- 40th Anniversary luggage, back pack, book, garage mat.

Also if you opt you get the special tandem axle trailer.

So the way I see it I am going to need the following options:

- Bimini top
- Lights on tower speakers (for pair)
- Ipod adapter

Here is a pic for looks...

UploadUpload
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-13-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
also might wana add

heater
heated seat
underwater lights
LY6 engine---very good powertrain in this boat
transom remote
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-13-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
what is the price difference over the standard xstar?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-13-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
heater- not needed.... I have a fireplace and warm shower at cottage... steps from the dock..

Heated seat- nahh... not needed

Underwater lights- nahh... rather spend money on tower lights that are usefull

LY6 engine- waste of money... I have personally seen and experienced that an MCX is more than capible of an X-star with 3500lbs plus of ballast and 6 people get on plane..

I have to watch my money that I am spending.. all these options add up quick and next thing you know you are over $80k

I know up at the toronto boat show the price difference is just over $2k over a base X-star. This could be a show promo though.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Heater for sure, even if you have the fireplace and warm shower, you'll likely wish you went for it when you are out on the water and you/your friends are a little chilly watching others ride.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-13-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
yeah, definantly get the heater, if its cloudy or cold out, it becomes your new best friend for your feet
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-13-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
Can anyone answer the questions on what comes standard with the 40th?
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2008, 4:35 AM Reply   
girls require a heater on chilly days/evenings, so check that option off. They won't be driving so uncheck the seat.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-14-2008, 4:46 AM Reply   
get the heater, I got it in my boat and won't ever get another boat without one.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-14-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Thats not a bad price difference over the standard.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-14-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
sorry greg....cant answer that either...but I agee, get the heater....everyone uses them on my boat for one reason or another!!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
Im not sure that that $2k number is correct. The trailer upgrade alone is more than that.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-14-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
No Trailer needed... Marina provides pick up and drop off service to my dock..

Spring and fall and service intervals..

Going to take 20-30 times a year to justify the cost of a trailer..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-14-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
Everyone needs to chill on the heater thing. He has a boat now and obviously doesn't need it. He said that the trailer is an option on it so I would say that the 2k difference includes the standard trailer. Another thing is that a set of speakers is normally about a 1500 option so if it is only 2k more that must be comparing it to a standard xstar with a set of speakers. Also Metal flake is over a $1000 option on a normal boat so if that price includes the metal flake it isn't that much different than a normal one. If it is the same as the Pro Tour Boat last year the difference is only the appearance stuff. It doesn't include any other options.
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
screw it Greg, get thats freakin sweet black on cream Maristar 200 (X2) with the faux teak deck.

nicest MC i have ever seen, oh yah and if you get the x star expect to see me randomly arriving at your dock every weekend :-)
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-14-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
What this 08 Maristar 200..

Sweet... but not too impressed with the interior.. dash mainly..

Upload
Upload
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-14-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
The 40th was sooo nice though...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-14-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
the 40th was badass, my buddy is tied between that and the X2. the new digital readout on the console is pretty damn neat aswell.

but i dunno, i dont think those Maristar pics do it justice, i think that interior was to die for.

but seriously, ill be waiting at your dock!