Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            07-14-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
saw one today.... in a yard.. nice condition.. open bow.. direct drive.. anyone ridden behind one... whats the wake like??
Old     (lowdrag)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-14-2006, 10:41 PM Reply   
My first boat was an '87 Baja SK 190. It had a closed bow. It always got us out on the water and back and we had a lot of fun on it, but in retrospect I can't say it was a great boat. It porpoised horribly at high speed. The wake was pretty large for a tournament ski boat, but it was to curled over and mushy at riding lenght to have a decent wakeboard wake. Then again, mine had some issues that could have contributed to that. It had gotten a lot of water into the pockets in the hull that they fill with foam. I drained them but the foam was waterlogged. The weight could have been a big contributor to the wake problems. I'm guessing there's a reason they didn't build those boats for too many years.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-15-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
oddly enough, someone else was looking at this same boat I expect! they asked about it not too long ago, when they went for the test drive the boat had broke down in the middle of the lake....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/338908.html

is that the same boat???