Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-28-2005, 7:30 PM Reply   
I just demoed this board today w/ the sphynx bindings.....and before you demo another board give this one a try....it is insane....i found it to be a cross between the fish and the substance....it snaps off the wake like crazy....it is such a fun board......if you like the explosivness of the parks or byerly mixed w/ the fun freeride feel of the fish youll love this board...everybody in our boat from beginner to advanced loved it....
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-28-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
How were the landings in the flats?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 2:26 AM Reply   
super soft its alot like the substance with out the hard ass landings
Old    cinekw            08-29-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
I'm currently riding Hyperlite Premier 135, I've tried the Liquid Force Trip 138 and I liked the pop on it but the Premier was easier to control and the landings were much softer. How is the FISH compare to Trip ?.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 6:58 AM Reply   
i really dont know i havent tried the trip....
Old    cinekw            08-29-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
How about the Fish, is it easy to ride, cut, edge, land ?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
becuase it is really short....the fish is harder to land....but the fish is really fast and loose....a good free rideboard....the ps3 is ideally a mixbetween a freeride and a big air board...its definately designed to improve your spins
Old    jayp            08-30-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
I demoed the board as well. I loved it. Without the center fin it was loose but still tracked well. On a surface hs bs 180 the board spun around effortlesly and still tracked very well. Allowing one to ride in the blind position easily. I liked the board with the center fin better. It is only a 1" fin on the 137. I didn't see the explosive pop but I am a rookie and most likely don't know how to ride an agressive three stage rocker correctly. I still landed in the flats but I do that on my Litmus.

As for speed, I didn't think the board was any faster than what I am currently riding. I didn't think the landings were any smoother than the Litmus. In fact I thought they were harder.

I demoed the Substance a couple weeks back. I like the PS3 better.

I really did like the board overall. When I buy another board this will most likely be the one.

(Message edited by jayp on August 30, 2005)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2005, 9:59 PM Reply   

quote:

its definately designed to improve your spins

how does this board accomplish this?
Old    sublimed            08-30-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
any idea how big the rock is? cos i used to ride the parks and didn't really like it. I'm on a substance now and the pops r much more controlled. has LF release the specs on the PS3?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-30-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
Looks like that board is a tweaked out substance. I will be getting one for my nephew. He is smaller so a 133 will work out good for him.
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 11:41 PM Reply   
dakid: its a new design the sides are curled up abit to allow you spin off the wake sooner....you would have to see the board to understand....

sublimed: i believe the rock on the 137 is 2.6 in....
Old    jowoo919            09-20-2005, 5:37 PM Reply   
which board does everyone think has a better ride and a higher pop off the wake
the substance or the PS3

and which is better overall?
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-20-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
the ps 3 IMO is a step up from the substance....it still has an agressive 3 stage kick but spins faster and lands softer...
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 6:03 AM Reply   
i've ridden the PS3 a couple times now, i wouldn't say the pop is like that at all. i usually ride a subjekt and it doesn't pop like that. i think the PS3 is toned down a little on pop. you go just as high, you just don't feel it as much when you leave the wake.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
ps3 has a small a very small spine unlike the sub w/ just a huge flat spot
Old    jowoo919            09-21-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
well now im confused could someone please tell me if the ps3 has more height than the substance and which is better for the price

i want a board with a whole lot of pop and smooth landings, a big step up from my evo134

if you could give more input that would be great!
thanks!

(Message edited by jowoo919 on September 21, 2005)
Old     (shavis)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
the ps 3 doesnt have as much kick as the substance..but the substance has a flat bottom so it doesnot displace as much water.....making it land hard..... i think the ps 3 is the best of both worlds....you might also like the new watson which is the same price
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-22-2005, 4:14 AM Reply   
i rode the fish the other day for the first time and ive got to be honest the board is different ,real weird ride for sure..it feels as if your riding on top of the water on a big ball,i never felt in touch with the water...its real fat on the rails and takes too much effort to set and edge ...yes it feels fast but it never feels in touch with the water and the timing and pop off the wake is so different it would take too many sets to get used to this board..

i didnt like it at all ........