Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
Avid snowboarders my friend and I.
Went wakeboarding 2 years ago.
Got up first time and went wide and layed it down one handed. No problem. Loved it. Easy, but did no tricks.
I wear size 9, 180 lbs.
Friend size 10.5 230lbs.

Need help choosing gear for both of us. Same skill level with progression built in.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Do you want just one setup to share? Whatever board you decide on if your both gonna use it your gonna need the biggest size up above 140 to float your buddy. It will be fine for you. Im 185 and ride a 142 Transcend. The boot size will probably present more of a problem.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
one set up.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
How much do you want to spend?

You can get the Ronix district combo. It has great boots that'll fit your range of feet (7.5-11.5) and I'd go with the 142 board.

http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/Wa...ict-Combo.html
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
I dont know where to start.
I can point new snowboarders in the right direction and save them years of research/time,
but wish someone could explain all this rocker, fin, cable, no plate stuff to me.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 9:05 PM Reply   
We basically do not deserve anything pro, but would like just under that for the best price, possibly ebay.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-27-2010, 11:53 PM Reply   
KR - call into Hyperlite on Monday (800) 938-4646 or email me at coreym@hosports.com and I will help you out. I will help you out with the technical jargon, board selection and help you find a shop to buy at. Avoid buying on ebay if you can, especially with you first board purchase. Customer service at a shop can go a long way even after the purchase. Look forward to taking to you.

Corey M @ Hyperlite