Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-04-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
ok so i started trying these last year and some times i wasnt getting all the way around. so i came out with the mind set of go big or go home so now i am throwing them huge but i am doing a blind 180 in it. i am landing on board but with the rope behind my bach so it pulls me off balance. i have had many people try to see why i am going to blind but we cant figure it out. would it be easier to just go to blind and do a handle pass with it?
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-04-2009, 9:26 AM Reply   
Its probably where you position your handle. I think (I can't do tantrum to blinds) it would throw you to a blind 180 if your arm was out full length. I've had a few time where I didn't keep the handle at my hip and it threw me into that blind rotation. So if you are extending your arm try and keep it at your hip next time and look straight back.
Old     (dmunny)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-05-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Ok, lets start from the beginning. When you edge into the wake, you need to make sure you have both hands on the handle (elbows in) all the way up the wake. As you leave the wake, the handle should still be as close and low as you can get it (while still keeping your elbow in). You are probably spinning to blind because you are throwing the flip too hard and letting your handle out. Try relaxing a little bit, pulling in with both hands before leaving and standing up tall. If that doesn't work, you might be turning your head. You should be looking at the toeside shore upon landing.
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       06-05-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
are you droping your back hand and kind of sliding your back leg into the wake and then throwing it?
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-05-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
You might indeed look over your back shoulder instead of straight back, or have too much weight on your back foot during the approach and at take off. My best guesses.
Show a video if you can. Yeah, take it to blind and do a handle pass. After you learn a regular tantrum.
Old     (ckkohl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-06-2009, 8:42 PM Reply   
thanks guys i will get a video up soon