Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (jheado)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-22-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Is there a decent one in the Kansas City area? I know there is a cable park here do they have one?
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-22-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
Mike just redid the pro shop at the cable, they have a lot of great stuff there. A few other places to check would be Sitzmark Sports in Overland Park, Just Ride Sports in Blue Springs, and Ride 4 Ever Sports in Lenexa.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-22-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
...and if you're heading to Table Rock, check out the Ski Shackhttp://www.theskishack.com/ Either at their Springfield MO store or on the water at Table Rock Lake.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-22-2008, 12:48 PM Reply   
I'd recommend going out to the cables.. Second I'd go to Sitzmark. Have heard good things about the others though too.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-22-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
Xtreme Marine in Overland Park used to have a pretty solid pro shop.
Old     (05buvlx)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-22-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
If you want Gator Boards, The Boathouse in topeka has them.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       04-22-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
I would definatly go to JUST RIDE SPORTS in bluesprings missouri. they have LF RONIX, CWB

its just a awsome place to have a good time and buy some stuff. they are really laid back and will take care of you. were do you live in KC?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
begin hijack - is the cable park near the international airport in KC? I am going to have about 6 hours to kill there in a couple of weeks, and was thinking about heading to the cable park. but only if it is close by.
otherwise, I might just find a shop closer, and hang out and bug the shop guys for a couple of hours.
end hijack
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-22-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
The cable park is about as far away from the airport as you can possibly be and STILL consider yourself in Kansas City! I'd say its a good 1 - 1.5 hrs to the cable park.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-22-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
ugh. never mind. I'll have to figure out something else then. thanks for the info.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2008, 6:23 AM Reply   
6hrs? thats a layover! 1 1/2 hrs to get there, ride for 1-2 hrs, 1 1/2 hrs back to the airport, still have an hour till boarding time. Depending on the time of day's traffic, you could still do it.

C. Gonzales!!! BoatHouse got Gator!!?? You have any to all to do with that? That's awesome!
Old     (05buvlx)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2008, 7:22 AM Reply   
Yeah, The Topeka guys are rippin on the Gator now. The Gator products are AMAZING!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Maybe I can rip one when I'm back in T-town in two weekends??? Still hang with Doug at all?
Old     (05buvlx)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
Your more than welcome to ride it all, We are taking everything to the lake and gonna ride it, Yeah me and Doug still get down.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-23-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Train, You better find something to do. KCI is the most boring airport I have ever been in. If you are stuck there for 6 hrs you will go crazy.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
KCI is terrible, and it really is on the complete opposite side of the city from the cable (considering the cable isn't really in the city at all). You'd still have time to go to the cable and get back depending on the trafic as someone mentioned, and it would almost be worth it since that airport is so incredibly boring.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-23-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
do they rent equipment there? I could not find anything on the site. I am contemplating doing this, just because I have never ridden cable before.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2008, 1:29 PM Reply   
Yes they rent equipment, and from what I've heard, the addition of a separate pro shop will add more and higher quality equipment. Call them up. Good place to learn too.
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-23-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
KCW has all new rental boards for the 08 season. Sustance and Omega's with the grind base are the slider boards this year. Also, there is a pro shop for all LF product. Great package deals. Jeremey, all the board shops mentioned above are all great shops owned by nice people. Train, it would be an hour drive, all highway. You should check this place out for sure if you get the chance. The park is also not open full time until memorial weekend. Then 7 days a week of wakeboarding bliss!
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-23-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
nice pic also jeremey, got 2 wieners myself
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-23-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I have been in KC for going on two years on business (durning the week a d home on weekends) and stay at a hotel by the airport and drive to the cable park alot it's about an hour drive. I really enjoy having the oppertunity to ride durning the week while I'm away from my boat.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
If you are right by the airport, you would probably be closest to Sitzmark sports? They are right off of metcalf and i-435 (maybe I'm mistaken, but that might be the closest. Google it.) That being said, Just Ride in Blue Springs has been good to me, and I'm sure they would help you out.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-23-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
On a side note...Ty, you are riding the Ibex? That seems way out of right field, how does it ride? I'm still on the Transcend, and loving it, but I really like my Ronix bindings, and wouldn't be against trying their board lineup...
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       04-24-2008, 5:38 AM Reply   
The Ibex is the best board i have ever ridden. It is a 3-stage but has a huge flat spot in the middle of the board so you can do surface tricks and just mess around easy. It also pops really well. give me a call next time your in town garret.