Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (viciouskid)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
i'm having a problem. i cut heelside, come off the wake, go for a nose grab, can't grab the nose before the tail seems to hit the water and i land on my face. what do i need to do? i've try bringing the board towards me, but it doesn't seem to help. the tail grab, it seems like i poke the nose down and dig into the water and it all over then. please help if you can.
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
its gonna be hard to grab the nose with your back hand so (if you arent already) try grabbing the nose with your lead hand, but make sure you keep your arm against you so you dont do a 180 (unless u want to , which would be cool) it always helps to get more air too

now with the tail grab, bring up your legs to you and make the grab. just make sure u release your grab before you hit the water. if u want you can poke your front leg for more style. right before you land you might want to bring up your lead leg a little bit so its not going straight into the water.

just keep trying it and you'll get in no time. hope this helps. good luck
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       02-13-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
Sounds like you need more time in the air to get the grab in. GO BIGGER!

Also, keep the handle in close and bring the board up to grab. This should help with body position. You don't want to be reaching very far down to the board. A nose grab is much harder than a tail grab becaude you have to let go with your front hand (which can lead to getting spun in the air). Stick to the tail grab until you have it dialed, then learn the nose grab.

-Steve
Old     (viciouskid)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-14-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
thanks guys. i'll try that. i guess practice makes perfect.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-14-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
no practice doesnt make perfect because you can be practicing the wrong this, so, perfect pratice makes perfect!!