Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2014, 7:43 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I just bought the new 2014 Ronix One Modello package with Network Bindings and it feels incredibly strange and am wondering if anyone else feels this way.

My first run with the board I noticed it takes much more energy and strength for me to carve out to get where I want, and also once im out, and start to carve in I feel like I don't have much of an edge at the beginning, it just feels loose and not as edgy compared to my last board. We just bought a new boat that is wider too and I believe the wake was a little wider and so I was wondering if it was the problem or maybe rope length.

I've been riding Soven's 2008 Liquidforce PS3 (hybrid rocker) with transit bindings since, well, 2008 and felt I had way more control and toe edge to heel edge responsiveness.

I was just wondering if anyone else who has ridden a Ronix One can tell me their experience? I just spent 650$ or however much on this setup and feel a little discouraged because I may not even use it. From doing a little research i've noticed people are almost backing off from this board because it is a little too "advanced" for them. Is it too advanced for me?

Thanks ahead of time everyone, nny response is appreciated,
-Nick
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-08-2014, 3:28 AM Reply   
I bought a 2013 Ronix One a few months ago after coming off a LF Omega. I found the One to be the complete opposite to what you are describing. I found the One to be very easy to carve out from the boat and very locked in on edge. It is a little loose when in neutral position but I like that and I like the aggressive 3 stage rocker compared to the blended 3 stage, gives a lot more straight up pop.

The One is a fair bit different than what you have been riding for the last 5-6 years and will take some getting used to. I bought mine less than a year after starting wakeboarding but I am loving it
Old     (hotrod508)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-08-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
Ronix boards like to be rode on edge, if your carving around half heartedly it will feel a little different. Pump up the aggression a little and it will lock in. It's the angle of attack that is lacking. It's a board that responds best when pushed! Ride all the way thru and don't let off the edge.
Old     (nickk)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses guys, I will just have to try and get used to it! Sounds like most people really enjoy the board, I think I'm just not used to the variable edge rail, also didn't help our rope was too short because of the wider wake with the new boat and in turn less time to approach.

I'll have to keep in mind that I will have to be more aggressive!

Ride on,
-Nick