Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2015, 12:08 PM Reply   
So I just bought 4 fat sacs off a guy and he wasn't sure what boat they came out of or how much they weigh. They were obviously stock sacs that were pulled from a boat because they only have quick connect connections, but I have know idea which boat. I just want to know how much they weigh. Anybody have any ideas? The smaller sac dimensions are around 42x18x6? The bigger sacs look similar to my 1100 fly high sac.
Attached Images

Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-24-2015, 12:25 PM Reply   
could be XStar PWT sacs
you want to sell them?
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-24-2015, 12:45 PM Reply   
MCXSTAR I think you may be correct. I am planning on redoing the ballast system on my 2000 super air nautique and a guy locally was selling these and I picked up all four bags for $200 which I thought was a pretty good deal. I bought them hoping I could use them in my nautique. I was gonna use the bigger sacs for the rear compartments and see if I could fit both smaller sacs in the ski locker. The bigger sacs look like they might be a bit too large though. I will see how they fit and if they don't work I will be willing to sell them for what I paid.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-25-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
The smaller sacs are a little over 4500 cubic inches or about 19.6 gallons / 160 lbs.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-25-2015, 3:11 PM Reply   
Yeah I think my dimensions are off because I'm pretty sure these are the xstar PWT sacs which would make the smaller sacs 220# each. Your math skills are impressive though. I thought about trying to figure it out mathematically and I was like, nah, I will just ask wakeworld.
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-26-2015, 8:00 AM Reply   
No shortage of geeks and dorks here to answer all kinds of useless facts and maybe start a good flame war over what temperature we should assume for the specific density of water!

Small errors in the dimensions would make a fairly sizable difference in the capacity. Also your dimensions might be spot on, but the sacs may stretch or bow outward so they hold more water than the strict dimensions would imply. Or to boost sales the manufacturer says they will hold 220# under optimum conditions (e.g, pressurized and about to burst at the seams) that you will never get to in real life. My guess is it's a combination of all three.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
I would figure on #200 for those little guys and go with it. If it is a little more, than cool, if it is a little less, than cool
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-27-2015, 6:25 AM Reply   
There should be a serial number stamped somewhere on them. That will tell us which ones they are.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-27-2015, 9:09 AM Reply   
I looked for a serial number but couldn't find any. I'm about 99% sure they are the Xstar PWT upgrade sacs. They ended up not fitting in my nautique if anybody is interested in them. $200 plus shipping for all four sacs. Let me know. Thanks
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-28-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
can you unwad the large locker sacs and measure them
are the O-rings on the quick connects?