Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    gvw686            12-09-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
i want to build my own lake, nothing big, probably only 4 feet deep, 75 to 100 feet wide, and im not sure how much length i have probably around 1000. i will only be wakeskating and hitting sliders on this lake and pull with a seadoo and/or a 4 wheeler. does anyone have any sugestions, ideas, stories, anything at all about this topic.
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-09-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Good luck getting the water to stay in your dug out pit and keeping it clean.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-09-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
do a search. this has been brought up before.
Old    norcal_99            12-09-2003, 12:08 PM Reply   
There was an article about this in one of the ski magazines before. It seemed like a lot of trouble.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            12-09-2003, 12:40 PM Reply   
I hope you have a lot of money because you have no idea what you are getting yourself into!

See http://www.laku.com and read their stories. This will give you an idea of what kind of can you are opening!

Good luck!
Old    dertbiker2000            12-09-2003, 4:02 PM Reply   
yeah ive actually thought bout doing the same thing, but its waaay too much money as of now!!! Wheres ur location!! u need to be either a top of a great water table and then build a industrial pump! at least 100k
or u could go the other option and talk to a manufacturer company and strike a deal where u use their recycled water!! I know some of this info because i am on a the wakeboarding team for CSUN and as a result i am constantly at private lakes all over CA!! i also get a chance to chat with the owners and see how they did it and what their good points and bad points are!! it takes a lot of research!! I have tons more helpful info that i can give based on your needs
Old     (doorman_sd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-09-2003, 6:11 PM Reply   
Hey Greg grab a shovel and a friend and knock your self out I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.
Old     (luv2w8k)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-11-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
Greg-

Saw you were in Tampa. In the interum of your lake digging/building you are more than welcome to come ride with me on east lake

-Michele
Old    grizzle            12-11-2003, 11:50 AM Reply   
Where's East Lake ??? So do you close on your new house this weekend ?

(Message edited by grizzle on December 11, 2003)
Old    grizzle            12-11-2003, 12:02 PM Reply   
Greg-

Check out my friend's website www.watercraven.com
Under "Why We Do It" there are several examples from various areas in North America.

(Message edited by grizzle on December 11, 2003)
Old    dertbiker2000            12-11-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
tampa fl??????????
why would u build a lake in tampa??????
there are a million lakes down there!!!!!1
Old    gvw686            12-11-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
i wanted to build it in ohio