Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-01-2006, 2:22 AM Reply   
Can you put a perfect pass on a 85 mc prostar 190?? If so how hard is it to install?? Isnt the price like around 1000?? If I couldnt do the install how much would a dealership charge to put it in???
thanks in advance
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-01-2006, 6:22 AM Reply   
yes it can be done, approx $1000 is correct, I've seen people charge from $200-$350 for install. Paddle wheel placement is critical, make sure they know what there doing.
Old     (board218)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-01-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
The install is pretty straightforward. The hardest part is placement of the paddle wheel as Adam indicated. It seems dealers in my area are getting about $400 to $500 for the install. I just installed mine and had a few problems. For instance, my hull is 1 1/4" thick so the paddle wheel housing did not fit properly and took some creative engineering to make it work. Also, my throttle arm was riveted on instead of being bolted on so it had to be grinded off in order to be able to bolt on the supplied one. So as long as you can handle little issues like that, it's no problem. Otherwise, have it installed.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-05-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
Not sure how you are going to do it for $1000 in parts, the system is like $1500.....$1200 cost if you know a PP dealer.

But yes, you can put one on that boat.
Old    alanp            06-05-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
the install is really easy and im not a very mechanically inclined person. if you have any issues you can call and speak directly to the designers/engineers and they will walk you thru any issues you may encounter.