Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
I'm heading down there in a couple of weeks to stay for a week. We usually stay in Flat Hollow cause it's the closest marina to the Powell River, and usually the calmest water on the lake. It's a last minute trip so I wasn't able to book the place we've stayed at before.

There are only a few options left for us, and one of them is a chalet in Powell Valley Resort. From what I think I remember, and it has been a few years, but that area was a dump.

Has anyone been there recently, or better yet, stayed in one of their chalet? Any info would be great.

Our other choice is in Deerfield Resort. I know this place is nice, but it is kinda on the small side for the amount of people we're taking with us. Plus it is a lot further to the Powell River, and it doesn't have a dock.
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-11-2011, 6:53 AM Reply   
Go to VBRO.com

Pretty easy to find another place.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2011, 7:03 AM Reply   
^^^ Not in the marina or the next closest marina where we want to stay.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-14-2011, 6:51 AM Reply   
Paul, I'm actually at Norris right now. I'm 21 on my 22nd straight summer down and each year we stay in the deluxe cabins at the state park at the dam (Norris Dam State Park). Good places to stay, not crappy at all or run down and it's about a 5 minute drive down the hill to the marina. We don't go past the main lake over to Powell or Flat Hollow at all so I can't say exactly how the riding is, but there is more than plenty of places around the dam to find calm water. Plus I think more access to more marinas than the other side; Twin Cove, Sequoyah, Stardust, Shanghai, Sugar Hollow, and Springs are the ones we go to for lunch, plus wings & Corona close to the marina at Seqouyah on Friday night is a plus.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
I ended up renting a house out of Twin Cove. I'm leaving (hopefully) tomorrow night, or early Monday morning.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-18-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
Paul, Sorry but our condo is booked this week or you could rent it. http://www.norrislake.info/Rentals/I...p?RentalID=413
It's just past the jumping bridge via water.
The water by Twin Cove will be rough unless you head towards the dam.