Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-13-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
So after looking everywhere and being persuaded by fellow WW's my girlfriend and I have decided to go to Sandal's All Inclusive resort in Negril, Jamaica. Havent pulled the trigger yet but was jsut wondering if anyone had any further insight. Looks amazing but for the price i want to make sure its gonna be amazing. Planning on staying in the deluxe room which is the lowest. Not planning on spending much time in the room and surely cant afford one of the more expensive rooms. ANy thought or experiences would be great!!
Thanks
Rob
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-13-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Never been to the one in Negril but as a whole most of the higher end Sandals rooms that I have seen are comparable to a normal hotel room in the states.

What that says for the lowest room, I am not sure.

Check out trip advisor...
Old     (brianmiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-13-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
My wife and I went to Sandals Royal Caribbean for our honeymoon 10 years ago.

We originally booked the cheapest room and when we got there they upgraded us due to some issue that I can't remember. The first room was not so nice. Probabaly more like a motel. The upgraded room was like normal hotel room. But you are right, you dont spend much time in there. (At least with the lights on!)

The resort was cool. Lots of drinking and eating. They had a mastercraft when I was there with cheap gear. Would have been something to do, but my knee was messed up at the time. We played golf on the inclusive course, but it was terrible. We went to the falls and the best part of that was experiencing riding in a cab there.

The one negative is that we went for 9 days and that was too long there. It gets confining since you really shoudn't go exploring Jamaica on your own. But that may be just me since I can't sit on a beach for more than 30 minutes without going crazy.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-13-2010, 12:49 PM Reply   
I went to Sandals Negril for my first Honeymoon back in Aug 2002. I really liked the resort. The food is awesome. make sure to hit up as much of the food as you can. If I remember correctly the Sundowner restaurant w was our favorite.

what are you planning on doing on your trip?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-14-2010, 5:30 AM Reply   
Planning on relaxing, drinking, maybe some water sports, snorkling, and lots of beach time and pool time. Cold in Jersey right now. Real cold.
Old     (dcwillette)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
Rob, if you can make sure you get over to the cliffs in Negril where people go cliff jumping. That was the highlight of my trip to Negril. We took a large catamran over there and swam in the caves. Definitely a must-do.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-14-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
Chad is right the cliffs are awesome. If you watch Nitro Circus on MTV the episode where they are in Jamaica they are jumping BMX bikes off the same cliffs. I went to the restaurant there but I would go the catamaran (booze cruise) and eat for free at the resort!

I played pool volleyball everyday and went skiing (not sure if they have a wakeboard yet... Probably do though) scuba diving snorkeling it was a blast. Really good food and lots of booze. Its a good time.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-14-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
As we discussed via e mail Rob - just do it. Sandals in Negril is beautiful. Negril is beautiful.

Get on "The Wild Thing" and party your face off. It will take you to "Ricks Cafe" where you can party more and cliff jump.

Enjoy the trip brother.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-14-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Booked it today, 5 nights in the Caribbean Luxury room with a balcony and ocean views. Thanks for all the help guys, and Ricks ill def be visiting.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-14-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
if you are in a room that offers room service, ask a day in advance about lobster. that was one of the tips I got when I stayed at a sandals in Jamaica. they don't offer lobster on their room service menu, but I asked the room service guy the day before, and had it for dinner the next night. I did this twice over my twelve night stay.
since we enjoy lounging on the beach or at the pool, it was the perfect honeymoon for us. nothing but booze, sun and sex for twelve straight days!
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-21-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Rob, we went to Negril for our honeymoon. It was amazing. Before you commit though, look into "Couples Negril." Couples is a Jamaican resort with 2 resorts in Negril and a few others on the island. It has more local flavor than the standardized Sandals.

Either Way, enjoy
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-21-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
What is the dates?

We'll be there 2/5-2/15. We're right down the way - let's meet for cocktails if you're there then.