Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-25-2007, 12:57 PM Reply   
This is great...

http://www.360wakeboard.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7072
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-25-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
wow. great story.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-25-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
Thats too cool man. Way to be JD!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-26-2007, 12:01 AM Reply   
Yeah I was there! He is such a nice guy! A lot of people were like damn. Mad Props to JD
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-26-2007, 2:07 AM Reply   
Thats a great story, thanks for sharing.

Way to go JD!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-26-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
I can see him doing things like that.

I hung out with him at the little rock boat show where he was helping out a local hyperlite dealership. An older couple approached him who didnt know anything about the sport and asked him something to the effect of "is there someone here that has some experience wakeboarding? we are interested in a board"

JD "i think i might be able to help"

he talked to them about it all, showed them boards and never once mentioned that he was one of the top pros in the world.

quite humble

(Message edited by dlwsrider on April 26, 2007)
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-26-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I love it when my someone whom I respect in terms of their skills/abilities turns around and does something awesome to make me respect them as a human as well. Stories like these are getting more rare in our increasingly self-centered culture...influences like this are what the next generation needs to see in terms of service to others. Way to spread the love JD!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-26-2007, 10:43 AM Reply   
I'm not surprised at all. JD donated not one, but two of the guitars that he has won over the years for competing on the Pro Tour to our Katrina Benefit Auction and our Toys For Tots Auction, which were just months apart. I believe we raised about $700 from those two guitars.

He even rode the WakeWorld 50 around the entire weekend of Worlds back when it was at Irvine and didn't crash it once! :-)

I think "class act" is an understatement!
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
That's awesome... JD just went way up in my book...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-26-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
he was a great guy when i met him @ nationals in kenosha last summer. That is really a class act man. thats really somethin special for somebody to have that sort of generosity.
Old     (clay_fraley)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-26-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Thats a great story! Ive met JD before and he is such a cool guy and I had a lot of respect for him, but now I cant even tell you how much I respect that guy! Way to go JD!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-26-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Great story, everything that I have seen about him has been very positive, I have been a fan of his riding ever since the feature that he had in WBM a few years back when he joined the Pro Men's. He has a lot of style and technical ability. It's great to see him using his skills to help others.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
I recall loving his riding in Free4All, when he was just a young buck. What a class act, and what an amazing rider!
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-26-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
^
^

I was at this event as well, and after the awards, him and a few other guys were signing posters for everybody and I mentioned to him how young he was in that video and we had a good laugh about it.
Old     (madison_boarder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2007, 10:23 PM Reply   
NIICE.... he looks really different now, but even back then he threw down big-time. HOw old is he now?
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-27-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Way to go JD... hope your generosity and kindness rubs off on other professional sports people.

Aloha.
Old     (ryankid)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
My wife and I meet him at the St. Louis boat show. WOW, is the only statement we can offer. Very nice kid, willing to talk and help with anything you neeeded. I bet we talked to him for an hour, and even got some pics. Think if all pro's ***baseball,football,i wont even say basketball** treated the fans like this. We pay for the BIg names pros to play and they can care less. Most extreme sport athletes are great guys!!!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Awesome! Thanks for posting, James.

Brian, I think he's like 22 or 23..?
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-27-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Actually today is his birthday (4/27) and he just turned 20...was born in 87. After seeing what he did last friday, ive got tons of respect for JD...i had the chance to wakeskate in a flooded ditch with him like 7 years ago at a pro tour stop in OKC when he was just a young gun...man he has really matured into a legit rider and an overall great person!

Happy BDay JD...it was good to see ya in the LBK man...hope you can make it back sometime.
Old    sealyon.net            04-27-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Man great story. I met JD at the boat show in memphis, TN. He is a supper nice guy.