Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Thanks for your help in advance guys, I'm hoping you'll be able to answer a couple questions and help me with a couple problems. First, I cannot save my project as a movie. I am able to save the project as a project, but I can't finish it and turn it into a file of it's own. I get an error message saying:

"Windows movie maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough disk space available, then try again."

1)'enough disk space available' I have about 200Gb free
2)'saving location still available' I was trying to save to my desktop (which is obviously still there and available) but I tried in other folders too, and it made no difference
3)'original source files used in your movie are still available' I assume this is the problem, but I havent moved or modified the source file....

Anyone have any clues?

Next question, after importing a .mp3 song to use as background music, is there any way to clip the song? The vids altogether are about 2 min long, and I don't need all 4 min of song. I cant figure out how to clip it.

Thanks guys

-Steve

PS. I know WMM sucks, i'm only using it because this computer doesnt have any other vid editing progs on it. It will shortly.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
Is your main harddrive that windows is on the 200+ Gb harddrive? If you have 2 harddrives and your saving to your desktop, it's trying to save to your main drive. The other places your trying to save on, is it the HD with enough space?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
I've just got the one hard drive.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
Have you rendered the project into a movie yet? If not you will only be able to save it as a project.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-11-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
Well, I think I'm trying to render it into a movie, but it won't allow me to. The only save options are 'save project as...' or 'save movie as...'. I can save as a project, but it won't save as a movie. HELP!!

-Steve
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-11-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
is there like an export option? Also the biggest, i mean the biggest part of editing is organizing your files all into one folder. Keeping all your files for each project into seperate folders helps a lot.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-12-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
Your one hard drive may be segregated into two drives. You might want to check into that.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-12-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
Travis. Keeping all your files for each project helps what alot?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-12-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
There is only one hard drive, and it is not partitioned. The souce vid is only one video that was clipped, and I still have that vid, and all the clips I made out of it. I'm starting to give up on it.

-Steve
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2006, 12:49 AM Reply   
you might have to render it before you can export it. sorry i can't help. all i know is premiere and a bit of avid.
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-17-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Did you get this sorted out? I have been trying to get the same error as you but can not.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Ok here's what I did:

1) Download "TMPGEnc Software Suite 2005" using bit torrent. I use torrentspy.com to search for torrents. If you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, email me I'll try to explain the process.

2) Unzip and install the TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress software.

3) Use XPress to convert whatever file type you have to a Windows Movie Maker friendly file type. (mpg, mpeg, avi)

4) Use the new source file in WMM.

Unfortunately you'll lose any editing you've done already, meaning you'll have to REDO everything. This was the only solution to the problem I could find. Hope this helps!

-Steve