Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lsvlance)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-07-2003, 12:58 PM Reply   
Here's the deal, I've got some bonus points available to use at a shop that has a Skylon 600 lb locker bag and a Skylon 1100 gph pump. My boat (Sunscape 23' LSV) currently has no ballast and needs some weight up front. I'm looking for the cheapest, easiest way to get some weight up front and taking advantage of these points works to accomplish this.

My question is, with only 2 holes in the bag, how exactly do you hook up 1 one way pump (non-reversible) to fill and drain the bag? Can you unhook the pump after filling the bag and cap it? then hook it up in reverse to drain it after riding?

I prefer not to just drain the bag into my bilge. Would it be better to go ahead and get 2 pumps (one for filling, the other for draining)?

What are the pluses and minuses to using the locker drain as a fill point instead of throwing the pump over the side?

I know these are silly questions for those of you that use ballast all the time, but I've never even seen a bag before and am having a hard time visualizing the best (cheapest) way to fill and drain it.