Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-27-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
I have a mastercraft X-30 and I am trying to figure out the best way to weight it down for the best wake. I already have the three factory ballast in it one in the middle and the two in back. Now I have one 750 bag which I would guess would go in front then is it two 550 in back compartments? or is this all wrong and is it going to ruin the motor with this much weight? I was told this by a pro skier? The motor is a cadillac 385 its a 2003 input would be great. thanks and what is the best pump to buy for the fly high sacs for the money
Old    wiz            12-28-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
no, it wont ruin the motor. they're made for this stuff. its the same as an escalade pulling a trailer all day. i have a supra with a 330hp motor & run 30001bs of ballast. every boat is a little different when it comes to distributing the weight. u just have to experiment a little to figure it out. good luck.

ps___usually skiers dont know squat about our sport. u came to the right place. there are alot of helpful people on this site.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-28-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Looks like you've got an 03' X-30, my buddy Nick S runs the same boat and he's got it pretty dialed hopefully he's on here pretty soon, he can get you the hook up!
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-28-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Honestly, I would reccomend hitting up Fly high's x-star add on ballast system, that adds like another 2000ish lbs of weight I believe, and it is a quick and easy install that requires no extra ballast pumps or anything.
Old     (reinle)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-28-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
We own an 06 X-30. We run the factory ballast with an extra 300 up front and 800 in the back. The ratio is a little heavy in the back, so we add a person or two to the front of the boat for a better distribution and run the trim at 3/4 up.

These pics are a year or 2 old, I think we were riding at 75 or 80 ft back at 23-23.5 mph
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    sandvign            12-28-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ask and ye shall receive Corey. How's things up in MN? Gotta get up there soon to see everyone.

Anyways, in a 2000 X-30 we run 750 in each rear compartment. If I were you I'd take out the tanks and just plumb in sacs. Fill the ski locker sack all the way, we had a custom one made as the X-30 we use is a Maristar 230 that we transformed into a 30. I'm pretty sure the custom sack we got is quite a bit bigger than the factory one but probably only 100 pounds or so. We have 2 250lb fat buddies under the front seats with and additional roughly 125lbs of lead. Another 550 in the walkway and one more 750 in the back right against the seat. When we have a full crew we might not fill the the sack on the floor in the back or in the walkway completely but they still are there to add something. We have had everything full though and had 10 people in it and the wake is huge, hard, and has an awesome shape with a well defined lip. We've had a couple different pros behind it before and they said that although they were a little worried about riding behind a Maristar at first, they were really happy with the wake and how we have it tuned. We usually run 23-23.5 at 80'. We have a Acme 14.75x14.5 prop spun by a 375 Corvette engine and the thing planes in no time at all. Great boat! If you don't wanna add that much weight just take out what we put on the floor, slow it down just a little and maybe move in 5'. That wake is pretty wide at 80'. I have some pictures of the wake I'm pretty sure, but they are on my computer and I am visiting my parents for Christmas right now. I'll be back home tomorrow and hopefully dig some up and post up for ya. Good luck man.
Old     (dmac)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-28-2008, 11:46 PM Reply   
Le' 04' x-30. .

all stock full, 7's in back with a 450 down the walkway and a 7 or 8 across an atop it in the bow. sand upfront sometimes. 350 vett pulls her alright. with passengers the wake seems to crispen up with a little lippage. wide wake, rides good at 25/86.5'

Upload
Upload

i don't believe the pictures are of quoted weighting. . but a rough idea

(Message edited by dmac on December 28, 2008)
Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-02-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input. This helps out alot. So I will see what I come up with. Is it smart to change your prop when puttin this much weight in? I have an oj 20x14 I think now I forget right off hand butI am pretty sure thats what it is
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-02-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
sink the thing. to the rubber seal all around. throw the rope out at 87 and bomb it
Old    sandvign            01-02-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Here are some pics of the wake. These are all at 80' and 24 mph with the setup I described above fully loaded and 8 people.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Photos (c)Josh Letchworth 2007
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-02-2009, 7:42 PM Reply   
Nicholas-

I just looked at your profile and saw that you go to University of Iowa. I'm in Cedar Rapids, once it warms up we should get together and ride. I don't have a boat up here but I have a winch.

end hijack
Old     (symonphilip)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-03-2009, 2:57 AM Reply   
dude would actually kill for that wake here in the uk....

you guys in the usa have it so sweet.

we run a 2007 x-7, standard ballast (next to nothing) i have added about 700 lbs split in two sacks running up the sides. (yes this is bascially a prostar 197) and about 60 kgs up from
4 pppl and its as much as we are allowed... can i caome ride with you PLEASE!!!!
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
the x 30 is one of my favorites. i havent ridden one since like 03, but i love the transition on it
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-03-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
yup! damn good lookin wake. A little heavy in the back like others have said. Nice pics guys.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-25-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
do you run the x30 with all the ballast full while wakeboarding