Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (biolitery)      Join Date: May 2006       12-08-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
How loose are we talking? Premier loose for example?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-08-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
I always thought the Premier was pretty locked down IMO.... It's what i'm riding now and it felt tighter than my Parks did. My buddy rode the ONE for a while and said it was slippery.....no first hand experience on it though. I thought thats why they put the bevelled rail on there to make it a bit more loose.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-08-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
The one has a variable edge rail that makes the board pretty loose when not on edge but locked in once put on edge. I think that people who ride evenly weighted over the board with a narrow stance will find the board to feel looser than someone who has a very wide stance and rides with a knee bent style. Just my opinion, I only rode the board one time and am used to something a little looser than it coming from a watson with the center fin removed.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
After riding the Watson (finless) all year, I rode my friend's One this fall. Its definitely tighter than that, and I believe it was tighter than my Premier I rode last year, but that was finless as well.
However, damn, that thing throws you. Usually I don't notice much difference in pop from board to board (I'm not really that good), but when I hit it correctly, I got bucked. This is one board I would use the term 'abrupt' on.
Old     (drewsnautique94)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-08-2007, 1:46 PM Reply   
i think my premier is loose as my motive..id say it a tad tighter than the murray...
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-08-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
I ride the ONE finless, it felt way too locked into me.

im waiting for the .8 fins
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-08-2007, 10:56 PM Reply   
why dont you just use hyperlites .8 fins?
Thats what i did... works nice
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       12-09-2007, 12:43 AM Reply   
I rode the One 4 or 5 times early spring '07 and really liked it; however I was already waiting on a Premier while on the One. I rode the Premier until August then began riding a Watson; riding both boards finless. The Premier felt a lot looser on edge than the One; the One really held its edge well. The One felt like a natural extension of the body, with its low weight and exceptional pop; better than both the Watson and Premier(IMO). The One also released off the wake earlier and was more consistent off the wake than the Premier. I am not bagging on the Premier it was a good board, as long as you went wake to wake, its a jawbreaker into the flats. The One performed far better into the flats than the Premier, I never noticed a rough landing with the One; the Premier landed hard. The One with shorter fins, I like the sound of that. Bottom line, it really depends on your riding style, however I think the One has something to offer for the hard edger or the W2W rider. I don't think you can go wrong with the One. The Watson isn't too bad either but it feels slower than the One.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-09-2007, 3:55 PM Reply   
i dont have 60 dollars to spend on a pair of fins.

plus i just got on Ronix, so im going to wait for them to get me their new 08's
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       12-09-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I thought the ONE was definitely more locked down then I like. I took the stock ONE fins and grinded quite a lot of the material off. they are pretty small now. Probably like .6 or .7's I just grinded them down until I felt like I was getting close to where the screws would come through the fin. The board is MUCH MUCH better with the smaller fins, but I prefer a pretty slick board anyway.
Old     (lachie_mew)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-09-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
does ronix make differnt size fins for the one board?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-10-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Lachie,

they are going to for this year,

its going to be .8", 1", and i want to say 1.2" but dont quote me on that