Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
so before anyone starts hating.. ill give you the info on what i want first. i want to start putting different things that have been a big part of my life on the back of my calf. id like to have a "picture timeline" you could call it, so when im 80 looking back even if i dont care about wakeboarding at that age, i can look back and say " oh yea, i used to love doing that when i was younger" i want it to be a scrap book of sorts. and as time goes on, i want to slowly add more and more things as my life goes on that are/where a big part of my life at that time.

i have several things which i know what im going to get already (all non wakeboard related) but id like to get something wakeboard related. i dont want a brand, (no need for the tige picture) i dont want a picture of a guy on a board. but im not really sure what i could put that would symbolize wakeboarding . i was hoping someone here might be able to throw out some suggestions?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-29-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
I think it is a cool idea. Why not do something simple like a board stood up on an agngle so you can see the bindings and have a handle hanging off of the corner of the board or off of the boot.

Just a thought
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
From someone who has tattoos that they regret, I say just stick to your scars. Keep wakeboarding, you'll blow a knee and be able to fondly recall the days when you had your own ACL.

Just curious...does your bike get a place on this canvas?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-29-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
I would suggest a Tige Tatoo.........
Old    readyaimfire            08-29-2011, 4:06 PM Reply   
How about a tribal armband that secretly spells out the word wakeboarding? ****in Boss right?!
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-29-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I would suggest a Tige Tatoo.........
Lol HOLY MUFFIN TOP!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-29-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
I had thought about a wakeboarding inspired tattoo at one point as well. For me the issue I had was I don't want my tattoo to date itself. If you get a board tattoo'd it will ovbiously date with time. Kinda like if you had a BAFF on your back or the first skirfer. You could do something like a sillouette of a boat on the water. Might have the same issue though. You could do a handle and some line.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2011, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
I had thought about a wakeboarding inspired tattoo at one point as well. For me the issue I had was I don't want my tattoo to date itself. If you get a board tattoo'd it will ovbiously date with time. Kinda like if you had a BAFF on your back or the first skirfer. You could do something like a sillouette of a boat on the water. Might have the same issue though. You could do a handle and some line.
If any board is timeless, its the BAFF! haha
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2011, 4:41 PM Reply   
Please can some post the tige tramp stamp photo, that is my favourite.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-29-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
How bout your perfect bit of glass
Old    readyaimfire            08-29-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
If I were to do it, I would get a photo of myself doing my favorite trick tattooed as a portrait. Make sure u do your research and go to someone who does portraits though otherwise it could be n epic fail.
Old     (nmg73)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-29-2011, 5:17 PM Reply   
It would be cool if it was something that stood up over time. If you could get a great artist to do it you could do a boat with a rider on the swim deck getting ready for his set??? The problem with doing multiple ones in the spot u are talking about is that they would all have to be small, and small does not hold up over time. Tattoos are a great reminder of were we have been in life, so it is a cool idea.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-29-2011, 6:02 PM Reply   
I think a silhouette of a board, line, and handle sitting on a dock with a sunset on the horizon would look pretty classic. Something like that would stand the test of time.

I think I might get that one myself.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-29-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
I think a "COWBELL" would look AWESOME.Then you could remember your days on Wakeworld.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
funny you ask if im getting a bike tattoo. because i am! 2 actually. 1 for dirt. and 1 for street. my hand is still broken 3 months later and i still have to wear a knee brace all the time due to a pcl tear from the crash. but that bike is still my favorite hobby ive ever had. saving up for a new one as we speak. id rather go for a 3 hour street ride then a week long house boat trip with a loaded x star!

but anyways....

i alraedy have 1 tattoo and its only black. so id like to keep everything i get black and white. im not hating on color tattoos, but its just not for me. so im not really sure if a board would work unless there was no graphic on it? if thats the case, then it could be cool. i just dont want a graphic taken from a board due to them changing so much each year. i have an amazing tattoo artist alraedy who does everything. so a portrait might be cool.
im starting to lean toward to silouette board and bindings with the handle. i really like that idea. im going to sit on it for a while before i go do it to make sure i really like it though

NO TIGE PHOTO... haha. just wanted to make sure you guys knew i wasnt planning on being that guy.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-29-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
I hope ur street bike if its a sportbike has the "tuning forks" symbol, if not ur selling urself short lol

Coming from a guy whos has had 3 Yamahas (R6 & most recent 50th anniversary R1)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-29-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
^07 r6s. Next is an 07 r1 raven
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-29-2011, 9:34 PM Reply   
On the real this dude posted up a Norcal Tat with a guy spinning a 7 over the top of the tat once that was pretty sick.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-29-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
I've been planning to get a wakeboarding tattoo for about a year now. I want to get the words "WAKE UP" in huge woven letters across my upper back. I have a shirt like that and I think it looks dope. I probably won't do it until I'm a really good rider though. I don't want to look like a poser
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2011, 3:42 AM Reply   
Only one caution .At 80 it will be hard to see and show your friends your tatoo.You might want to consider your outside bicep or inside forearm.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
On the real this dude posted up a Norcal Tat with a guy spinning a 7 over the top of the tat once that was pretty sick.
Sonnnnnnn
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-30-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
Robert T -
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2011, 6:58 AM Reply   
If I were to do something like that I wouldn't go as literal as getting a physical wakeboard tattooed. From snowboarding tattoos that I've seen, you can never get away from the fact that technology changes, board shape changes, and its hard to find an artist that can do it without looking cartoony. My suggestion would be to get an element of wakebaording tatooed. I really like the rope and handle idea, not too blatent but people who know what it is will get it. Another idea would be if you have a favorite board or the board that you learned your favorite trick with, to get a peice of that graphic done. This presents a whole new set of pros/cons, but if the graphic lends itself to a tattoo and wont look dated that could work great.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-30-2011, 7:12 AM Reply   
dude in this thread got a "prop" .... kinda what The Jeff was saying above about something related to the "scene"

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1180854779
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-30-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
Isnt that the wake pics logo?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
This is my snowboard inspired tattoo I drew and got tattoo'd when I was 18. Just on my left shoulder. Crappy iPhone pic but you get the idea.
Attached Images

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-30-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
I was at the shop with the image (called Mike E. for permission too) and the tattoo artist said he couldn't do it.... way to complex and didn't want to risk screwing it up... . it would have been a 1/2 or 3/4 sleeve that was wake inspired

Just the bottom half of the top graphics
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-30-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
if i where to get a board, i wouldnt get a graphic on it or some crazy shape. i rode a company severance for a while. pretty much just an oval, no big shapes or anything crazy. if i got a board i could maybe take that shape and use it as it gets the point across. i was thinking a rope and handle at first actually. but i just dont know how i would just throw a rope and handle up on my leg. i dont know how i could put that on without it just looking like a handle on my leg.
and as far the arm suggestion. i dont really want any more tattoos anywhere on my arm. ive got 5 numbers by my elbow about 4 inches long 3/4 inch high (angled so when im riding a bike, dirt or street, it can be read perfectly!). and thats all i want to do on my arms. i dont want to have a problem with jobs later by having something on my arms. thats why i want my calf
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-30-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrider92 View Post
i dont know how i could put that on without it just looking like a handle on my leg.
You could have the line and handle hanging from the tow point on the tower and have the tower come down into some filigree.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
My buddy got a veriation of a pin up girl. He got a girl in a reef outfit holding a wakeboard handle with japanese style water around it.
Old    readyaimfire            08-30-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
Whatever you come up with, it has to be a tattoo-able design. Not all drawings are tattoo-able. Case in point that mike ennen graphic. First of all good luck finding anyone who wants to do that many straight lines. Second, with all those straight lines so close together eventually over time u would end up with a big black blob. I'm not trying to hate, I think a board graphic would be dope, but it has to be tattoo-able. Most byerly graphics would be good. Maybe the new blunt graphic? Or something more classic?
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-14-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Just came across this story and remembered this tattoo thread. Here are some great ideas:

http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/g...id=menu_photos

Many of these will look much better in 20 to 30 years, I'm sure.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-19-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Photobucket
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-20-2012, 10:58 AM Reply   
Here's a video of a pro skier who bought a tattoo gun because he had nothing much else to do.

His tattoos are pretty bad IMO, especially the dream catcher on his face.

Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-21-2012, 12:30 AM Reply   
When I was 20 I almost got the LF drop tattoo on my shoulder. I'm so glad I didn't because now LF (Tony Finn) pisses me off more than anything else in the sport. That dude helped ruin cassette wakeskates. (THE original wakeskate) then he put Justin stephens ( who made some of the best movies ever in the biz for LF) out of business. Company had the ingedients to be a real force in the industry.