Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2009, 12:45 AM Reply   
What a great time tonight. This has been my second WW meetup/demo. We love hosting, so hit us up if ever going to be around Lake Oroville. We did this this past weekend with Randy Morrell and his crew, but we only had video. I will throw that up later this week or on the weekend. They had fun on the wake9 cruiser. Frank Wolter wanted to get a board for himself and he is a big guy, so we took him out. I told him to bring his kids and we will all surf since we were going out anyways. It was a great afternoon/evening. I love going out, and everyone just wants to surf til you have to turn on the lights, and then you have to stop when you can't see anymore. Lake was perfect, and almost had the place to ourselves.

Chris trys out the Walker Grom board first, he is only 110lbs, grom is good up to about 120-130.
IMG_2089

Frank and I do ballast duty. Lets just say the wake was nice tonight.
IMG_2137

We pulled out our SMED Wombat demo. Chris was very athletic, a skateboarder and snowboarder. So a faster, more maneuverable board, but not quite the Walker Bullet/JWSM seemed to be a good fit, and he instantly took right to it.
IMG_2146

IMG_2149
He will have a lot of room to grow on this board, he has big feet, and he handled it well.
IMG_2166

Then Frank's daughter Lora took a shot on the wombat. She was a cutie and Thomas kept trying to show off for her.
IMG_2222

IMG_2223

So then the main purpose of the trip, Frank wants to demo our big guy board, the wake9 cruiser 6.0. I think we need to pitch in to get Frank a new PFD. ;-) Frank needed a bit more board, so we are ordering him a 6'6" board.
IMG_2266

RJ took a turn, he is really starting to get comfortable on the Walker Project JWSM
IMG_2293

He still has trouble getting his left leg up, he is much more limber in his right, so I have him doing stretches.
IMG_2309

IMG_2312

Gettin that grab going on.
IMG_2313

RJ has been working on his Stall 360. He has a video I put on his iPhone of James Walker getting air and doing a couple of stall 360s, and an ollie oop 360. He watches it CONSTANTLY studying his positioning and movements. Thanks for the inspiration James. Sean Cummings coming out last week also helped him with this trick. Here is a sequence, where he doesn't quite land it.
IMG_2325

IMG_2326

IMG_2327

IMG_2328

IMG_2329

IMG_2330

Here is a sequence where he lands it, just barely keeps from falling out. He is landing about 1/4 of them now, and getting better with practice.
IMG_2357

IMG_2358

IMG_2359

IMG_2360

IMG_2361

IMG_2362

Whitney is up, she likes the tail slide, and is also getting competent on the Walker JWSM.
IMG_2393

IMG_2404

I LOVE this picture of Whitney. If you are ever having a bad day, spend 15 minutes with whitney. Her smile and bubbly attitude can cut through anything.
IMG_2407

She throws a gun show, and check the feet, she is def hanging 5.
IMG_2411

Adds her own pose.
IMG_2412

T-Bone is up and wants to try riding the board backwards like Sean did last week, and RJ did.
IMG_2440

Couple of great pics of T-Bone shootin the curl.
IMG_2448

IMG_2452

Great picture of Frank's kids, Chris and Lora (sorry if spelling is wrong)
IMG_2461

Its getting dark, but T-Bone throws a gun show. He actually has a couple of pea shooters to show off.
IMG_2474

We had a great afternoon, and Chris still wanted to surf again, he loved the SMED Wombat. We turned on the lights and he surfed back in. We finished it off with a run to Taco Bell where Frank treated us to dinner.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-30-2009, 11:10 AM Reply   
WOW!!!! thats how much fun we had on the lake with robert and his family!!! wonderfull people with big hearts!!! into our 3rd week now wakesurfing and robert saved us months in learning curve and confidence ... my kids had an awesome time and loved every minute on the water with your family .... the wave was huge and fat!! and your pic editor coulda cut out between my legs and shoulders LOL ... tough to buy the old man gear when every penny goes to the kids!! this community has gone out of their way to help me and my family get into this sport with absolute kindness and helpfullness ... PROMPS to all of you!! and we are out on the delta 5 days a week feel free to contact me and we can get together and have alot of fun together!! Dennis i salute you sir THANKS!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-30-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
ooops forgot to tell you its Laura!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Oops, I had a 50/50 chance. Well, I guess there could be other spellings I don't know about. You helped me out to, I wanted to know what the limit was on our Big Guy board, the 6.0 cruiser. I had 3 people around 275 on it, but it looks like 300 is about the edge. So I got good info also. You have to post some pics when Chris is out behind your boat on the Wombat, he was so stoked, it was fun watching him.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-30-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
Looks soooooo fun.

I wanna go to Camp Wake9 sometime...
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-30-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Your not THAT far. You gotta wanna get away from the 150 degree heat or whatever you get down there.

My kids still refer to you as that pervert from Castaic. LOL. They don't mean you are actually a pervert, but when you came up to them, and said, "Hi, I look at pictures of you kids on the internet". They still laugh at that. I say, you know that guy david wilsey? They say, "you mean the perv from castaic?" Pretty funny. You will never be able to live that down.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-30-2009, 12:40 PM Reply   
At least they know who I am . Maybe someday I can become the old guy who unseats surfdad & dennis in the masters division.

Old     (easyed77)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-30-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I miss Lake Oroville. I am a Chico State Alumni and my senior year I brought our boat. I used to go their almost every day after school. Dear God college was fun...