Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-26-2006, 10:49 AM Reply   
Can anyone help with my toeside frontroll cut? I have read all the posts on what to do, but I seem to always end up going up, getting slack in the line, stalling in the rotation and coming down hard on my back or my butt and board. I am not sure if it is my trip flip edge, cut, or what. Any help is appreciated.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-26-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
read this post maybe... Initiating Scarecrow...I can't! I tried to explain the frontroll as best I could. If you dont already, hold onto the handle with both hands until at least 3/4s through the rotation. Whenever I used to come up short on the rotation, it would be because I dropped my back hand early. Not sure why, but it solved the problem for me. As for slack, I don't know. Is it tight until you get in the air? If it slackens up once youre in the air, maybe youre tugging on the line?? That would loosen it up. If you can explain what youre doing a little more detailed, I may be able to help some.
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
There are 2 ways to do a front roll. The first is to do a real trip flip where you get tons of speed early on, flatten out and let the wake "trip" you into the flip. The 2nd way is to edge up the wake and do more or a standard progressive edge all the way up the wake. If you are trying to do it with a trip flip edge, there are two things that will help you get around. First try edging harder. Just get as much speed as you possibly can and go for it. This is one of those tricks that is much easier to over-rotate and ride away from. Also, wait to initiate the flip until you get bucked up and over. When I use this kind of edge I start 25' or more out....way way out there!

If you are trying to use a more progressive edge, start slower and really pull hard all the way thru the top of the wake. Stand really tall ensuring you are not breaking at the waist and that your chest is up. Then ride the wake all the way up and try to jump off your tippy toes right at the top of the wake. Again, wait to buck up and then suck your knees up to your chest and initiate the roll with your head.

Good LUCK!!!!!
Old                07-26-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
OK. This should help. I have uploaded some video of 3 failed attempts here:

http://www.wakepics.com/img/19652

Please let me know what you think I am doing wrong after looking at the video.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-01-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
My computer isn't able to view the video, so I don't have anymore advice. Any progress on it recently??