Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-19-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
i got a Prostar190...want to know if anyone has surfed behind one. wake looks ok..i'd like to know before i buy a landlock,
tkx
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-20-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
I used to surf behind my 88 PS190. You really have to load it down though. Rub rail was definitely under water. Kind of a scary feeling first couple of times seeing the boat that low. Also be careful stopping/turning to pick up rider. The wave can easily come over the back if you stop quick. You need to slowly strat pulling back the throttle.
Old    andyvansicklen            02-22-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
I do it almost everytime i go out and i have a 97 prostar 190. You dont need to put that much weight, i use 550 in the back, 250 on one side and 2-3 fat friends. Also the board you use has alot to do with the ease of surfing. I have a 4'8" Broadcast which seems to be about the perfect size for our size wake. The landlock is a great cruzer but not a necessity to learn with and almost impossible to do any tricks on. I work at a boat dealership so im going to take out the coex as soon as we get a nice day in nor-cal (the new tornado alley). Ill keep you posted, but a landlock should be no problem, the 05 should surf on anything but a ripple, but you need a kneeboard rack to put it on your tower. Id go with an 04 landlock to cruze, or an 04/05 4'9" broadcast to do tricks on. Also perfect pass would really help dial in the pocket that you surf in. (10 MPH)