Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ettowake)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-04-2014, 9:43 PM Reply   
HUEHUEHUE
no more kidding,
anyone tested the camber boards?
(on the boat)
looks bad from the videos (taking off and landing) or its just me?
can someone give some info? i really want to try a camber board..
thankssss
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-05-2014, 8:36 AM Reply   
Here is the thread where some people have been discussing them.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800571

I picked up the bandwagon and have been riding it a bit, want to get a couple more sets in this weekend before posting my thoughts but in a nutshell awesome and love it.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-05-2014, 6:42 PM Reply   
Pros can make any board look awesome
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-08-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEnNC View Post
Pros can make any board look awesome
Talked to a Ronix rep yesterday at the boat show. He indicated all the pro riders have switched to it. He said it rides a lot like the slingshot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old     (cjobil43)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-25-2014, 8:04 AM Reply   
yeah... ALLLL the pros are riding it... (except the ones on the podium)
Old     (Wakeska89)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-25-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
Robby Holihan and Massi Pifaretti have some new edits up on iwake.com riding the new parks camber. They definitely don't make the camber look bad behind the boat. I've been dying to try one out after seeing those two kill it
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-31-2014, 7:36 PM Reply   
Rode my new parks camber yesterday. First time out this year. Dri suit, new boat, wife's first time to drive this year. First impression...board seemed slow and sluggish. Toe side especially. Really launched on heel side back rolls. Haven't given up yet. Will try it again tomorrow and update. Hopefully I'll grow to love it! If not back to my old board.
Old     (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       03-31-2014, 8:42 PM Reply   
That sucks to hear. I just got the parks aircore but haven't ridden it yet. Waiting for the water to warm up alittle more.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-01-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
I've only ridden the bandwagon at the park. It had medium speed, an interesting flex pattern and it ollied extremely well.

I didn't really know what to expect out of the camber, but it really didn't ride weird for me. I have a neutral stance to begin with. It is a snaky board in that it kinda surfs edge to edge a lot like the One board. I didn't find it particularly fast or slow. On rails it was a lot of fun. It feels very sturdy between the feet, but once you get your weight passed your feet it really bends (a lot more than the schnook). If anything surprised me it was the ollie. There is something in the nature of the camber that really lets you snap the tail. I was making ollies that are normally a little work with no problem. The only think that I found to be a little weird was that this board is HUGE. I rode the standard and it was so big that it looked strange under my feet due to the kick nose and tail. If I have a chance to ride one again, I would like to try the small.

I enjoyed the ride and would love to take it for another spin off the wake, but another expert level rider took a couple of laps on it and bought it the next day. There is definitely a rider that this board works extremely well for. If you get a chance to ride one, jump on the bandwagon for sure.

FYI:
I typically ride a William 140 off the wake and either a Bill 140 or Shcnook 136 in the park (depending on my mood).
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-01-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Friend of mine demoed the Bandwagon, Marek, and Murray all in one day and did not like the Bandwagon at all. Said it was slow without any pop after like 3 runs. He didn't try it again and I know it is a different kind of ride so it may take longer to get used to so take it for what it's worth.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-01-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesetter View Post
Rode my new parks camber yesterday. First time out this year. Dri suit, new boat, wife's first time to drive this year. First impression...board seemed slow and sluggish. Toe side especially. Really launched on heel side back rolls. Haven't given up yet. Will try it again tomorrow and update. Hopefully I'll grow to love it! If not back to my old board.
That could just be due to the typical Parks board design...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-01-2014, 10:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Talked to a Ronix rep yesterday at the boat show. He indicated all the pro riders have switched to it. He said it rides a lot like the slingshot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Best sales person ever.....
Old    DanielPeyton            04-02-2014, 12:05 AM Reply   
division on-site laboratory and diagnostic office an acupuncture Raspberry Ultra Drops therapeutic massage enter and blood laboratory our intensive care unit is equipped with the latest in diagnostic equipment there is also a specially-equipped surgical suite for emergency procedure our facilities include a complex of connected home like sweets for heart patients
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-04-2014, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Best sales person ever.....
I was able to swing by the local board shop today and look at the Bandwagon and Parks board. Wow these boards are light. I am definitely intrigued on how they ride.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-07-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
I was able to swing by the local board shop today and look at the Bandwagon and Parks board. Wow these boards are light. I am definitely intrigued on how they ride.
I was referring to the Ronix rep, who more or less compared it to riding like a Slingshot, inferring whether meant to or not in some way that Slingshot was better.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-07-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I was referring to the Ronix rep, who more or less compared it to riding like a Slingshot, inferring whether meant to or not in some way that Slingshot was better.
He was working for a dealer that sold slingshot and LF. I think he wasn't looking to brand bash. Hopefully I will get to try one out soon.
Old     (robholihan)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-07-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
Hey dudes, just wanted to chime in and give my opinion on the camber boards...

I ride the 134 parks camber on the boat and love that thing! It is honestly my favorite shape I have ridden on the boat ever. The air core version of the board is mind glowingly light as well. The way the board rides takes a set or two to get used to but once you do its awesome! I like it most because you understand better where your board sits in the water. What I mean by this is when you come in for a trick you can more easily identify where your weight is distributed (also so you can correct on the trick). The camber is really, really poppy too. It forces you to have equal weight distribution, thus, maximizing your energy leaving the top of the wake...

Cable, ill ride the bandwagon. I love this thing out there because there are three defined flat spots in the board so presses are a breeze. You can literally ollie onto a rail and be locked into a press from the get go. It lands feather soft off kickers as well because of the camber in the middle of the board.

You can ride a smaller size in each of these boards as well because of the width in the middle and the camber slows it down a bit. I personally find it to be better that way because you get a "big board" kind of ride with " little board" responsiveness. Give them a go and you won't regret it! If you have any other questions give this a look!
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/goo...robby-holihan/