Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Brett19648)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
I got a really good deal on a 09 blemish board a few weeks ago under the impression that blemish boards had cosmetic issues (messed up graphics, perhaps a scratch).

When I received the board the thing that struck me as being messed up with it is the edges where the top and bottom layers meet didnt look right. In a few spots there were very very small gaps exposing what I suppose was the core of the board. I thought to myself that this issue seems to be a little more than cosmetic, but figured I would try it out in hopes that it would be ok and not cause any further problems.

I've been out 3 times in the past 2 weeks (just behind a boat). Good news is I went wake to wake for the first time yesterday. Bad news is I noticed some cracks starting to spread inward on the upper layer of the board.

Do you guys think the issue with this board would be considered more than a cosmetic issue? Is this worthy of contacting the store/manufacturer about?

Any feedback would be appreciated...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Hmmmmm.....Most evey Blem Board I have had is just cosmetic. This sound more than Cosmetic. What kind of board is it??
Old     (Brett19648)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
Lyman FLY 143... got it for $250 from an authorized retailer on ebay

Last edited by Brett19648; 08-06-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
which online dealer DJ Boardshop???
Old     (Brett19648)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
yes which is actually thehouse

Last edited by Brett19648; 08-06-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2010, 11:54 AM Reply   
I would just take some pictures and call the House. Davin Johnson in in charge of the DJ's Boardshop, he should be able to help you out. Most likely he will have you email some pics and replace the board for you. Tell him Nintzel said to treat your good because I referred you to the house, should work out good. Let me know what happens.

Congrats on the Wake to wake by the way!