Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-08-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Ok, so here's my deal. I've been going through alot of equipment this year as I've gotten into wakeboarding. I've ridden ALOT of boards and bindings combos. Thus far I've settled into an '06 Parks with '05 Murray bindings. The board isn't in question... it's my bindings.

These are the best bindings I've demo'd this year. But they have on a couple of occasions let my foot slide forward on hard landings. I've got the BOA cranked down, the option 2 strap thing wrenched, and the laces are the tightest they can be on my foot. But for some reason as I ride... they almost feel like the whole binding losens up on my foot as I ride.

I tried medium/large bindings and they are so tight without even starting to strap stuff down that my feet go numb and white before I even get done winding the BOA's, so I know my Large's are the right size for me... I just don't know?

Also, the Murray's take ALONG time to get strapped in totally, so.....

My question is this..

Should I take my '05 Murray's back and get a set of '06 Shanes?

I have a chance to get a set of '06 Liquid Force Shanes for a good price, but I've never demo'd this type or even brand of bindings. The place I'd be getting the bindings from is off the internet, so... a demo would not be possible. I've heard good things about LF and my riding buddy has 06 alpha's which he likes alot.

Anybody ridin the Shanes, I'd like to know about the heat moldable liner and how good the bindings keep your foot from moving, I'd hate to have my foot slide forward into a closed toe.. OUCH