Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
My oldest daughter plays with the Ace volleyball club. They took 2nd overall Saturday.It came down to a nail biting tie breaker game. I'm sure that there were at least 35 teams playing.
I don't know if you guys remember the ordeal about her making the 7th grade team a couple of years ago. She has come a long way since then.
I just thought that I would post how proud I am of her!!!!!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-01-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Good for her! Nothing like the feeling you get as a proud parent.....

Congrats!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-01-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
Great job. My daughter also plays 14's. She plays for 951 Elite 14-1's team.
We are traveling to Kansas City for Jr Olympic Qualifying in April. And then we will be in reno for Jr Olympics in June!!
Club volleyball is crazy!!!! and Crazy expensive!!!

Good luck with your daughter.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-01-2010, 1:00 PM Reply   
I really dont have much interest in girls volleyball until they hit college, but congrats for your daughter's progress.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-01-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
ord27, I do remember your daughter's ordeal trying to join the Jr. High team. Congrats to her for sticking with it.

Tell her to keep at it, my roommate got a full ride to UC Santa Barbara and it was the best years of her life. Now we are even friends with gold medal winners!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-01-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
thanks everyone!

wow three6ty, that's fantastic. I agree.....crazy expensive!

Stephan, I will tell her. She hopes to play through college. You and I both know how much her life will change during the next 4 years....so we'll see
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-01-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
That is awesome.... I remem that thread as well. Help her stick with it too, I wish I had. i got recruited to play in college, went to the first meeting and when they said see you at 5 am for the morning run I about fell over. 5 AM, I was a freshman in college, I was going to bed at 5 AM. Needless to say I chose partying... Had a great time anyway, but wish i would have stuck with the volleyball!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       03-01-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
Manzo, haha same here. Played my freshman year, coach had 8am mandatory runs on sundays, was not tryin to put up with that for the last two seasons haha.